Added to the armada. bennington nugtoon. 20' of fury.

1quick

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 29, 2008
coal city
so you think try that first listed 3 blade or that rando 4 blade they listed.

I think I’d try that spitfire in the standard aluminum, it’s slightly smaller diameter might make it easier to spin the 15 pitch but with like 90% of the benefits of the 15 pitch lol, possibly less rpm loss, id probably stick with a 4 blade

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
I’m guessing the motor is drive by wire? Even though the throttle could possibly physically go a touch further it’s probably truly wot on the motor, those aluminum props are fairly cheap I’d say goive it a try, try to keep the diameter as close to the same as possible and try that 15 pitch, you could get a slightly smaller inch prop to get sort of an In between performance, slightly more than a 14 pitch slightly less than a 15

Controls
Mechanical throttle & shift

Full throttle RPM
5000-6000

https://www.mercurymarine.com/en/us/engines/outboard/fourstroke/75-150hp/

1quick

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 29, 2008
coal city

Maybe you can make like a 1/2 inch spacer out of starboard or something? Cut a small notch in the side or something so you can slide the cables through and not have to disconnect anything, then just pooky the notch with silicone or something so you don’t see it, that may give you the room for piece of mind that your actually at wot, or pull the cover first and verify your linkage is actually wot when the stick is down to the wood may save some time

1quick

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 29, 2008
coal city
If there’s a couple hundred more hidden rpm I have no doubt you will pick up 2-3 mph with that set up, I’ll ask my dad if he still remembers what combo he was running he probably has notes lol, for some reason I think that motor liked a lot rpm, I vaguely remember him turning like 6500 with it but I could be wrong the merc 115 is a rebadged 90 if I remember correctly and it needs the extra rpm to perform at the desired 115 hp otherwise is basically a 90 hp, I could be way off but thinking this was the issue he ran into propping it

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
If there’s a couple hundred more hidden rpm I have no doubt you will pick up 2-3 mph with that set up, I’ll ask my dad if he still remembers what combo he was running he probably has notes lol, for some reason I think that motor liked a lot rpm, I vaguely remember him turning like 6500 with it but I could be wrong the merc 115 is a rebadged 90 if I remember correctly and it needs the extra rpm to perform at the desired 115 hp otherwise is basically a 90 hp, I could be way off but thinking this was the issue he ran into propping it

so the motor i have is 2,061 cc, 2.1 liters- 4 cylinder- apparently they round up-

says this

For best all around performance from your outboard/boat
combination, select a propeller that allows the engine to operate
in the upper half of the recommended full throttle RPM range
with the boat normally loaded

mercury has a prop slip calculator app- playing with that, 15 pitch says 37mph at 6250 rpm, 36 mph at 6000 RPM.

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
And then there was one.

Crossing my fingers for at least one more solid day... Crazy how much we've lost of September and October

1013191505a_HDR.jpg

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
I’m definitely going for at least 1 more ride
i technically have to, at a minimum to pull it out. :rofl:

im really trying to hold out though because i need to add the center bunks to my trailer... which will require me having my trailer home... while my garage is full of shed pieces, which would suck.

Reactions: 1quick
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info