Added to the armada. bennington nugtoon. 20' of fury.

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
Nugtoon

20' of fury. 115hp of thunder.

smallest tritoon benny makes, biggest engine you can get on it.

she's 33mph on GPS full tankagas throttle to the dash kickin' ass.

xcRWNYwh.jpg

7i1wCoLh.jpg

xJvmc2Kh.jpg

kinda bought on accident... well.. maybe on a whim.

2018 with 24 hours.

found a trailer on c-list last week in joliet and rolled down to snag it. need to add center bunks and move the bow stop back- as it's for a 24' boat. not a 20.

DtakLash.jpg

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
Nice trailer pickup! I still don't have a trailer for my toon. I'm just happy the chain is OPEN! No wake is only fun for so long...
49912e95bbfc99e3e6e7b6f651881ba7.jpg

no wake loses it's appeal for sure.

albeit you're in a nowake in your pic... :rofl:

set up a craigslist alert for a trailer. i missed out by a few hours on a couple that were huge buys.

i mean.. if you want one of course :rofl:

this guy seems to have solid stuff and really reasonable prices.

https://milwaukee.craigslist.org/trb/d/delavan-pontoon-trailer-bunk-crank/6888668578.html

one of which would have been a better buy than what i got... it was a 20' tritoon single axle trailer 2014 in j-burg for a G. that would have been the buy.

oh well, i can keep this trailer and get a bigger toon at some point if the desire arrises.

this could use brakes but this likely won't leave the chain so im not too concerned ripping around my hood with a trailer without brakes behind onetonoffun

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
Nice boat!

Is your dog wearing a life vest? We bought one for mine, but he won't wear it.

we have one for him but it's in kentucky currently. he doesn't seem to mind it really, he just gets hot in it though when it's really warm out.

but the grab handle on the back of it is really convenient to snatch him if he were to do something/fall in/whatever.

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
sooo im thinking i need to play with prop stuff on this rig.

i barely halfway understand propping... but right now if its wife and i, fullish with gas, throttle to the dash, bimini down, it'll run 32-33 mph on GPS, at 6100ish rpm

which im totally fine with, whatever. didn't expect much out of it, being only 115hp.

but the prop will cavitate/ventilate/whatever you wanna call it, occasionally, and playing with this prop calculator, it might be able to be faster on the top end?

https://www.mercurymarine.com/en/us/propellers/selector/#!/step-one

i need to find out what my current prop is though of course... it's a random black four blade.

115 merc, 2.07 gear case.

this calculator says if my current prop is a 12 pitch and im running 32mph, i might be able to get 33 out of a different prop...

13 pitch/32 -> 36
14 pitch/32 -> 39
15 pitch/32 -> 42

so yeah... REALLY gotta find out what's on there and go from there.

[MENTION=917]1quick[/MENTION] any thoughts

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
Just released and truly a game changer. The 2014 Bennington 20 SLX Tritoon with Bennington's SPS pontoon package sets the new standard for what a 20' pontoon boat can be! Powered by a Yamaha 4S 115hp outboard this boat easily pushed 35 mph with a full load and even hit 38mph with an empty load.

While speed is always fun the most remarkable result of this package is the ride and handling. She turns ultra sharp corners without excessive roll and provides a super stable and incredibly soft ride!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A83vk037AWY

hmmm

I bought a 21' SSRX with SPS and a 115 yamaha last spring. Our usage is very much like what you say yours will be...it is me and my wife 75% of the time with a neighbor or two thrown in once in a while. Our kids and grandkids pile on a couple of times a summer for cruising, swimming and a little bit of tubing. My thoughts: LOVE the boat! I can top end at around 32-33mph at 5200RPM but we comfortably cruise around at 20-25 most of the time. Given our usage, this boat is the perfect fit! No regrets...

hmmmm

1quick

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 29, 2008
coal city
sooo im thinking i need to play with prop stuff on this rig.

i barely halfway understand propping... but right now if its wife and i, fullish with gas, throttle to the dash, bimini down, it'll run 32-33 mph on GPS, at 6100ish rpm

which im totally fine with, whatever. didn't expect much out of it, being only 115hp.

but the prop will cavitate/ventilate/whatever you wanna call it, occasionally, and playing with this prop calculator, it might be able to be faster on the top end?

https://www.mercurymarine.com/en/us/propellers/selector/#!/step-one

i need to find out what my current prop is though of course... it's a random black four blade.

115 merc, 2.07 gear case.

this calculator says if my current prop is a 12 pitch and im running 32mph, i might be able to get 33 out of a different prop...

13 pitch/32 -> 36
14 pitch/32 -> 39
15 pitch/32 -> 42

so yeah... REALLY gotta find out what's on there and go from there.

[MENTION=917]1quick[/MENTION] any thoughts

What’s the limiter at on the 115? Every pitch you add should drop around 300 rpm, normally 4 blades are even numbered pitch and they skip all the odd numbers, 3 blades are normally odd numbers, for my power play I run a 21 pitch if I want to go up I need to run a 23 pitch, I can’t remember if it’s 300 rpm for that jump or if it would be 600 rpm though, the only real down side is you can take the motor out of its most powerful range and actually drop topend with too big of a prop, and every bump up will affect the holeshot more pitch = slower bottom end, 3 blades are normally faster topend props but from everything I’ve seen a toon like that runs better with a 4 blade

1quick

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 29, 2008
coal city
Good info, thank you.

i need to find the limiter info, everything i read is recommended rpm range to 6k. and im spinning above that best i can tell.

so yeah tonight ill try to find some digits on this prop and also more info on my motor.

My dad talked to someone when he was propping his I think he called merc and got ahold of someone that told him the best rpm to run it in, some motors like to be right at the limiter, if I remember right the 115 he has was kind of an under powered motor for his set up and it had to be pretty close to the limiter to make decent power, he did pick up like 4-5mph over what the dealer had his propped at though, he ran a 4 blade just regular aluminum prop

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
My dad talked to someone when he was propping his I think he called merc and got ahold of someone that told him the best rpm to run it in, some motors like to be right at the limiter, if I remember right the 115 he has was kind of an under powered motor for his set up and it had to be pretty close to the limiter to make decent power, he did pick up like 4-5mph over what the dealer had his propped at though, he ran a 4 blade just regular aluminum prop

k so a few things, trimmed out, throttle as far as it goes (we'll get to that in a second) it runs just about 33 mph wife & i, cooler, 3/4 of a 32? gallon tank of fuel and whatever bullshit is on the boat. around 6200-6300 rpm.

so the pickle though when i say "throttle as far as it goes"... the throttle hits the dash physically, and that's what stops me from pushing it down further, im not hitting an engine rev limiter yet that i can tell...

next. motor is mounted top hole/as low as it goes. this isn't my setup/pic but so you know what imma sayin'

full

this is current prop:

YDcYFBX.png

mfaD5I6.png

vPOotib.png

1quick

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 29, 2008
coal city
k so a few things, trimmed out, throttle as far as it goes (we'll get to that in a second) it runs just about 33 mph wife & i, cooler, 3/4 of a 32? gallon tank of fuel and whatever bullshit is on the boat. around 6200-6300 rpm.

so the pickle though when i say "throttle as far as it goes"... the throttle hits the dash physically, and that's what stops me from pushing it down further, im not hitting an engine rev limiter yet that i can tell...

next. motor is mounted top hole/as low as it goes. this isn't my setup/pic but so you know what imma sayin'

full

this is current prop:

YDcYFBX.png

mfaD5I6.png

vPOotib.png

I’m guessing the motor is drive by wire? Even though the throttle could possibly physically go a touch further it’s probably truly wot on the motor, those aluminum props are fairly cheap I’d say goive it a try, try to keep the diameter as close to the same as possible and try that 15 pitch, you could get a slightly smaller inch prop to get sort of an In between performance, slightly more than a 14 pitch slightly less than a 15

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
I’m guessing the motor is drive by wire? Even though the throttle could possibly physically go a touch further it’s probably truly wot on the motor, those aluminum props are fairly cheap I’d say goive it a try, try to keep the diameter as close to the same as possible and try that 15 pitch, you could get a slightly smaller inch prop to get sort of an In between performance, slightly more than a 14 pitch slightly less than a 15

so you think try that first listed 3 blade or that rando 4 blade they listed.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info