Add amp & subs to Bose system

Charlie_Boy7

Bacon FTW
Reaction score
03 GTP. New daily. Wondering how to keep the factory head unit and bose amp and add my system to it. Google results aren't being super specific

OffshoreDrilling

This is my safe space
Donating Member
Reaction score
I don't know if there are any vehicle specific items, but they do sell a line level converter that will convert into an RCA output. actually, I've got one you can just have if you want to pick it up. took it out of a BMW I had about 4 years ago

Charlie_Boy7

Bacon FTW
Reaction score
Does this eliminate the need for a remote wire? Does the the convert splice in before or after the bose amp?

Frank Dukes

Reaction score
quite simple. line level converter and the wires will be in the rear decklid in the trunk. still need power wire ran to front. ground can be underneath rear seat. i believe i used the bose amp for the remote wire. But it's been probably 7 years since i did that install.

nos4blood70

Reaction score
The Bonne might be different than the GTP, but I grounded my amp under my back seat, ran the power wire to the battery which also under the back seat, and then tapped into the IGN3 fuse in the fuse block, also under the back seat (lol), for the turn on lead. Amp operates in ACC and ON only.

Ti28

Cupcake
Reaction score
Yup, line level and still need a rem. I'm getting ready to do my 1500, and I don't want to change the HU.

Ti28

Cupcake
Reaction score
You used to be able to buy them at Radio shack and Walmart for like $15.

boostedguy05

not well known
Donating Member
Reaction score
i dont know if its been mentioned, but you need a line level converter to do this.

smug

Please go back to eating crayons
Reaction score
Line out converter like everyone said. You can make almost all the connections under the rear package tray right by the bose amp. The one bad thing about the factory head unit is the base roll off, at higher volumes the head unit cut base to save the factory speakers. You will have to run power from the battery, clean ground to the cars body, to start with. Then the use the pink wire, B11, at the bose amp for your remote turn on. Connect the line out converter to the yellow and brown wires, A8 and A7, for signal. That should be full range signal going to the left rear speaker. Also, the 6x9 speakers in the rear act as a pair of pathetic subwoofers lol.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom