Accel enrichment f'ed up going from LS3 to 402 --Holley EFI

Ive had a stock long block LS3 in my car for a while with a good tune on my Holley efi for a while. It has aftermarket cam, springs, pushrods, but all stock internals and heads.

The last combo on it was a 2650 blower and 94mm turbo blowing through that. It ran great coming from a turbo only setup. AE never had to be fiddled with.

Sooooooo I spun a rod bearing in that because of a weird intake manifold explosion, long story.

I put together a 402 in an LS2 block, still 58 wheel and 4x. This has TFS 255 LS3 heads now, but otherwise everything else is the same as the LS3, very comparable cam,
same blower and turbo, same sensors, etc.

I used the LS3 tune with it and just added 10% fuel everywhere and took 3* timing out everywhere since kind of starting over timing wise.

It has the worst tip in ever, it goes a little rich, then goes off the chart lean. I kept giving it 10% more in the AE vs TPS rate table, but it seems to make it worse. Any ideas?

I would normally trouble shoot it alot more myself but Ive got 2 days until Tx Mile and we just got 2" of ice outside, so Im going to wind up having to drive down there and
debug it from there.

Thanks for any ideas!

Frank

Im really hoping thats what it is! Two things that make me think how is that possible 1. The engine is bigger with bigger heads 2. It never popped out of the exhaust.....but I agree with you, definitely next step. I appreciate the thought. I think I will start over with the stock LS3 tune that worked so good for me and go down in the AE.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

• Frankie Biscayne
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list