Abuse at Fair Oaks Farms in NWI

CMNTMXR57

GM & Holden Nutswinger
Reaction score
It was on the news last night too. We buy that fairlife milk for the kids.

OP
N20GT

N20GT

Plz place 3,000 kudos here. kthx
Reaction score
This is what one of the silver spoon owner’s kids posted on Facebook. Seems pretty arrogant. I hope this place goes under

Thanks for all who have already showed their support for what we do, and for those of you who haven’t heard take some time to read this statement.

We pride ourselves on all the bar setting and game changing things we have brought to the dairy industry. From being visited and praised by the head of The Humane Society, to turning our cow manure into a renewable energy source, to opening our doors to the public because we believe in what we do and want the world to see.

If and when this video comes out, please if you have any questions at all of what you see let me know and I’ll be glad to talk about it.

If there is one thing I can say, it would be this:

Large scale agriculture is necessary for the society we have created, who else would you rather do it?

radioguy6

Reaction score
my wife was pretty upset over this, she bought their milk all the time. Well not anymore. You have to wonder if the company was aware of the abuse. Did they attempt corrective action or did they try to sweep it.

OP
N20GT

N20GT

Reaction score
They were either aware or impossibly ignorant of what’s going on in their operation. Both are inexcusable

I live in NWI but only ever supported this place by occasionally ordering their ice cream at Lighthouse in cedar lake. Not anymore

OP
N20GT

N20GT

Reaction score
Their Facebook post on the topic is littered with positive comments. They’re deleting negative ones at a rapid pace, and probably recruiting whoever they can find to leave positive ones

Bruce Jibboo

Reaction score
30 seconds in is all I needed.. That company and family should be ready to implode and accept responsibility and accountability all the way down.

CMNTMXR57

GM & Holden Nutswinger
Reaction score
Yea, it sounds like they knew and hoped it wouldn't come out.

Ryan02Stang

Reaction score
This is sick...absolutely sick. But I've always assumed this is the norm at all the mega farm producers....

blakbearddelite

I'm not one of your 'shit-hole' buddies!
Donating Member
Reaction score
I'm not even going to read it, don't feel like reading anything sad.

We buy Fairlife, I feel like it's easier on my kid's digestive system. He seems to get less bloated.

BADAZZTEALCOBRA

Donating Member
Reaction score
This is sick...absolutely sick. But I've always assumed this is the norm at all the mega farm producers....

Some of it is, some of it was bad.....

Some of it wouldn't have been bad had they just admitted that their male calves were indeed sent off to become veal, but they hid that and it looks worse now.

The people doing drugs on the property was not a good look, the fact they found some marijuana plants there was nothing IMO, it's called weed for a reason and with the amount of land they likely have I would be surprised if it wasnt there.

radioguy6

Reaction score
They were either aware or impossibly ignorant of what’s going on in their operation. Both are inexcusable

I live in NWI but only ever supported this place by occasionally ordering their ice cream at Lighthouse in cedar lake. Not anymore
yeah they had to know. Maybe good help is hard to find, farming is not an easy job. But that many workers participating in abuse for that long? You cant turn a blind eye to that. Doesn't align with their mission statement / ethical promise.

Bruce Jibboo

Reaction score
Probably is but let it be exposed so the market will either accept it or adjust to a better alternative... these different forms of stress imposed on the animals does impact their biology/physiology and probably not doing us a favor butchering up or milking unhealthy animals.

Kensington

Donating Member
Reaction score
I'm not even going to read it, don't feel like reading anything sad.

We buy Fairlife, I feel like it's easier on my kid's digestive system. He seems to get less bloated.
I used to drink their lactose free milk, it was good. Lucerne is cheaper, I couldn't taste any difference, and I didn't have any issues with blasting diarrhea, so win win.

radioguy6

Reaction score
It sadly is, but whats upsetting is "Fairlife" is supposed to go against the norm of big factory farming. Against the abuse and unethical practices. Now they have been exposed as being just like the bad guys

Bruce Jibboo

Reaction score
I drink zero dairy milk.. it was absolutely fucking mind blowing to feel the difference when cutting out inflammatory items like dairy milk among other things.

That shit works directly on the opiod receptors so don't ask yourself why milk tastes so good, makes you feel good, and why people are addicted. I have an uncle in Eau Claire that says his house (him,wife, 2-3 kids) are going through like 3-4 gallons a WEEK.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/9216246

OP
N20GT

N20GT

Reaction score
I drink zero dairy milk.. it was absolutely fucking mind blowing to feel the difference when cutting out inflammatory items like dairy milk among other things.

That shit works directly on the opiod receptors so don't ask yourself why milk tastes so good, makes you feel good, and why people are addicted. I have an uncle in Eau Claire that says his house (him,wife, 2-3 kids) are going through like 2-3 gallons a WEEK.
I don't even like milk personally, i think it tastes like crap. I have a half cup of skim with my egg white & protein powder shake and that's it

Watching someone sit down with a glass of milk grosses me out

Spivitz

The Throttle is ur friend
Donating Member
Reaction score
Don't watch the videos, I'm still pissed off.
Inhumane assholes

ilikemtb999

I eat dirt
Donating Member
Reaction score
This isn’t far off any other animal industry. You’re naive to think anything differently. Either turn a blind eye or change your lifestyle.

Spivitz

The Throttle is ur friend
Donating Member
Reaction score
ALLEGED ABUSE AT DAIRY FARM: Jewel Osco says they will pull all Fairlife products from their shelves in wake of video alleging animal abuse at an Indiana dairy farm.

blueoval4life

Donating Member
Reaction score
fairlife Statement on Animal Care

Valued Fans and Friends of fairlife,
We have become aware that an animal rights activist group (ARM) went undercover at one of our dairy suppliers, Fair Oaks Farms, earlier this year. ARM has recently released an animal abuse video and held several press conferences to make their findings public.
As part of our core values of responsible farming and animal care, we at fairlife LLC are taking this incident very seriously. We and Fair Oaks Farms are taking the following steps:

• Immediately suspend milk deliveries from the dairy identified in the video to fairlife;
  • Fair Oaks Farm has terminated the four individuals identified in the video that did not adhere to the farm’s stringent animal welfare practices;
  • As outlined in a letter from Dr. Mike McCloskey at Fair Oaks Farms, they have provided the video to local Indiana law enforcement to review for potential criminal charges against the individuals involved;
  • Fair Oaks Farms commissioned an independent auditor, Food Safety Net Services Certification & Audit (FSNS C&A), recommended by the National Milk Producers’ Federation, to conduct an audit of animal welfare practices at the identified farm. Those results are public and will be made available at www.fofarms.com;
  • Fair Oaks Farms has committed to conduct independent, unannounced and random audits and install video surveillance to ensure the highest levels of animal care are maintained;
  • Until these new assurances are in place, no milk from the dairy in the video will be included in fairlife LLC products.

The dairy identified in the video represents less than 5 percent of fairlife’s total milk supply. Approximately 30 dairies support fairlife; therefore, we are visiting all supplying dairies in person and conducting independent 3rd party audits within the next 30 days to verify all animal husbandry practices at the farms, including all training, management and auditing practices. We will also continue to work with Fair Oaks Farms to ensure specific actions are taken to address this situation and uphold our high standards for animal care.
Please reach out to us with any questions about this matter. For information specific to Fair Oaks Farms’ response to this matter, please see their statement or contact [email protected].
With best regards,

Grabber

Oh Hai
Reaction score
Saw this on SVTP.

Really disturbing footage and this angers me greatly.

The things I'd love to do to people that abuse any animal are not at all humane. Fuck those pricks.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom