ABS

m_dogg

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 23, 2008
Past two weeks I had an intermittent ABS/SVS lights come on and off. Now it turns on after few minutes of driving but before it does, I feel ABS engaging at low speeds. Kinda annoying but once it trips the ABS light, it acts normal. Both front hubs are less than 2 years old. any ideas? Didn't have time to take a closer look yet but jacked it up and checked both wheels for play, all good. Speed sensor or wiring going bad?

10sec

I haz dat teddy bear smile.
TCG Premium
Jul 26, 2008
Speed sensor or another hub is taking a shit. You can get a scanned to see what wheel is the one that's giving you the problem, but for the sake of driving safely you might want to yank the ABS fuse so it doesn't interfere with stopping at low speeds before it finally turns itself off and lights up the ABS light.

EDIT: Could have a frayed wire as well as you suggested, but if you get it scanned it'll help you figure out where the issue is so you can diagnose it.

m_dogg

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 23, 2008
Pulled the ABS fuse and I think it disabled magnasteer which feels so much better (tight and heavy). Was never a fan of the super light steering feel on these Regals. I might just inspect the wiring for any visible damages and pull the ABS light bulb from the cluster lol

SaturdaysGS

TCG Elite Member
Jul 15, 2007
Chicago (Southside)
Pulled the ABS fuse and I think it disabled magnasteer which feels so much better (tight and heavy). Was never a fan of the super light steering feel on these Regals. I might just inspect the wiring for any visible damages and pull the ABS light bulb from the cluster lol

You could also remove the connector from the rack to disable magnasteer and it shouldn’t set a light.. as far as I know it won’t (once you fix the abs issue, if you do).

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info