• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

ABS issue

adtaylor

May 4, 2011
Bit the bullet today and took her in to see whats wrong with the ABS system. Was advised the the ABS modular needs to be replaced and was quoted $849.50 ($639 for modular and $210.50 labor). Just pick her up last week from Lido had tranny and rear gears replaced. So funds are tap out right now. Is this part a delar only item? if not where can I go to get it cheaper? and is this repair something that the dealer really needs to do?

Silverback

Oct 19, 2011
Although this is a simple question the answers are Yes, unknown, yes. in that order.

This module was in short supply from Ford when I had mine replaced late last year. There may be used one's available.

The module is electronic but is mated to the hydraulic pistons in the second part of the assembly, the cylinder shaped part with the hydraulic lines that resides under the air cleaner, drivers side.

The dealer has a special device thats needed to "program" the electronic portion so the ABS works properly. It's a dealer only tool IIRC. Failure to do this may result in a big problem, ask member "four door black top".

Unsure of effect if not repaired, probably no ABS or Traction Control.

You can read up on it by doing a search on the internet using Key words, Ford ABS.

Good luck in your quest.

4DoorBlackTop

Addict
Sep 28, 2005
I had mine go out only because I disconnected it on accident. Live and learn. I would search the junkyards for one, but you won't know if one is any good until after the dealer plays with it. It will NOT work after you bolt it back on. The safest route is to find someone parting out a Marauder or similar car that knows the unit works... and taking their word for it. The dealer needs to hook up a computer to get it to work and get the air out caused from the removal and installation. Good luck!

Spectragod

Addict
Oct 13, 2010
Dayton Ohio
Simple solution, have it rebuilt.....

ModuleMaster rebuilds ABS modules for as low as $100, 2 day average turn-around, 5 Year Guarantee

It will cost around $200, the module removes off the front of the ABS module with IIRC, 6 torx head screws, I have replaced these in the field, I.E. in the parking lot of police departments on Crown Vics in less than 30 minutes.

I keep a spare module for a VIc, I have none for a MM. And while they don't list it specifically on their website, if you call them, they will tell you that they can fix it. If you need the car as a DD while it is sent off, then that will be a problem, as it is not drivable with the module opened up.

Hope that helps.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info