ABS issue. Wiring or EBCM?

b4black

before black
Jun 6, 2008
Oswego
I have been getting random ABS lights for about a week now. All the codes are related to the RF wheel sensor, but I know it's not the sensor/hub.

That leaves the wiring harness or the ABD control module (EBCM). I disconnected the wiring connectors and have continuity from the EBCM to the sensor. But I have read that the wiring could have intermittent or corrosion issues. Dorman sells a replacement harness, but it needs to be spliced in (which I am reluctant to do).

Anybody ever have to change the wiring harness or EBCM that fixed their problem? Not sure which part to replace first. Thinking of grabbing a junkyard EBCM and trying that.

Thanks

The issues is that you have ABS.

Lol. I have run into this issue on a Regal before, a friend of mine replaced the sensor/hub, and rewired, and it still acted up intermittently. I'm assuming it was probably the module, but the owner didn't want to chase it any further. The failure mode for most EBCMs I have torn apart is as simple as cracked solder joints. It's laughably easy to repair most of them once you've got them apart...literally just have to take a soldering iron to it to fuse those joints again. I would say pull your EBCM apart and inspect it under a magnifying glass for cracked solder joints and repair as necessary. Or you could try a known good module...but I don't know if I'd bother with a junkyard module, it's such a common problem these days that your odds of getting a good salvage module are probably worse than 50/50.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

• b4black
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list