Reactions: Clee

Bob Kazamakis

I’m the f-ing lizard king
TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2007
Denver
Real Name
Joel
My daily drivers are a pair of Volvos, a 2022 S90 T6 and a 2013 S60R. I have a couple trucks and like eight other vehicles, likely because I'm an idiot or something. I just sold a hilarious bouncing '89 Fleetwood & it was the first car I've ever sold. I still have the first car that I ever bought, back in '98. I don't hoard pizza boxes or beer cans or any of that sorta shit though. Just cars, and powertools I guess.

I just re-found this while deleting literally like 400 chrome tabs on my phone so I'm not entirely sure why I signed up. Seems that I signed up right around the time I began needing a new gotdamn FEM & perhaps a teal instrument cluster for a stupid gen11 2002 Ford Thunderbird. Anyone here got a line on something like that? I'ma guess "no & you're fucked" 'cause that's all I've heard thus far.
How’s that s90 been reliability wise?

Clee

Mar 8, 2022
How’s that s90 been reliability wise?
I haven't had it long enough to encounter any real issues. I don't think I've even hit 10k miles yet. Despite the significantly greater luxury, space and pretty decent sound system (for a modern vehicle with like ninety more speakers than it should have), I still prefer the feel of my s60r.

Recently, I accidentally smacked a heavy box into the S90's shift paddle & directly afterward it dropped into neutral while driving a couple times that day, but it hasn't since. It takes more force to move it compared to new though. I'll soon have the assembly swapped under warranty. It came that way!

No other issues to report thus far.

As far as acceleration, it's not too bad for such a behemoth of a sedan with a four-banger (and a turbocharger, and a supercharger). Quite comparable to my '01 S80T6 (twin turbo i6) in that regard I think, but I haven't been able to compare them directly as they're ~1200 miles apart.

Jimy Bilmo

CSVT OG Member
TCG Premium
TCG Goldmember
Aug 16, 2005
Yes I have a 2004 that needs some work that used to be my grandpas. Poor car I really should put some time and money into it. Mine is just sitting under a car cover.
Roll your current mustang, buy it back from insurance, swap drivetrain into T-bird. Then take insurance money and go order a BBC Stallion.

Clee

Mar 8, 2022
I am jelly of both those Volvos. @IceCreamAssassin both of those are sedans. The S60R is the smaller performance sedan with more boost out of the turbo 5 cyl. The S90 T6 is the newest longer big pimpin sedan.
The S60R actually has the P3 generation T6 twin turbo straight 6 engine. The 5cyl single turbo is (or was at the time) designated "T5."

Reactions: v6buicks

Clee

Mar 8, 2022
Yes I have a 2004 that needs some work that used to be my grandpas. Poor car I really should put some time and money into it. Mine is just sitting under a car cover.
What sorta work? Lemme guess, electronics modules?

My teal '02 is aesthetically pristine. I bought it for my mom as it's like her dream car for whatever reason ("I like Jaguars & I like classic-styled American cars, why not just haphazardly smash both of 'em together?"), but the f'n FEM literally started to tank as I drove it home, which basically means all the electronics in front of the seats, such as power windows, dash lamps, headlights, AC, and power fucking steering all go out. It moves well without, but I'm not putting a 74 year old woman behind that wheel.

Stupid impulse buy, using half the commission I received selling the previous owner's house. Should've done even the tiniest bit of research.

Reactions: Rent Free

Rent Free

TCG Elite Member
Jan 26, 2015
Nowheresville North Dakota
What sorta work? Lemme guess, electronics modules?

My teal '02 is aesthetically pristine. I bought it for my mom as it's like her dream car for whatever reason ("I like Jaguars & I like classic-styled American cars, why not just haphazardly smash both of 'em together?"), but the f'n FEM literally started to tank as I drove it home, which basically means all the electronics in front of the seats, such as power windows, dash lamps, headlights, AC, and power fucking steering all go out. It moves well without, but I'm not putting a 74 year old woman behind that wheel.

Stupid impulse buy, using half the commission I received selling the previous owner's house. Should've done even the tiniest bit of research.

Mine has a ton of miles on it. Grandpa drove it MN to TX back and forth a bunch of times between winter and summer house. I need a throttlebody, brakes, tires, windshield and a 9000 hr detail to make it even remotely respectable.

Clee

Mar 8, 2022
Ahh shoot that's right! I kinda forget that the P3 R was even a thing sometimes. I have a 2010 C30 T5 btw. :wavey:
Nice! My sister had a C30 T5 til a year or two ago. I loved it. She recently started making babies with some jobless dimwit that drives an F350, so she decided she had to ditch her fun C30 for an XC90 T5. They appear to be attempting to conceal their home with huge vehicles and they still have one driveway space plus street parking left, so I imagine they'll acquire a sleeper-cab tractor or two next.

The XC90T5 is of course very luxurious, as long as you're not the one who has to drive that M1A1 Abrams tank powered by a little turbo petrol i4. She's EXTREMELY prone to frivolous spending, but went with the T5 despite first calling me to hear "you're already spending money you don't have on a land-yacht. Might as well at least pony up a bit more for the twin-charged, eh?" Unfortunately, the upgrade must've cost around as much as a pair of heels that she wanted that day or something.

My other more reasonable sister then bought a new XC90 T6. I haven't driven it, but they've driven eachother's. T5 sis is jealous while T6 sis is glad that she doesn't ignore my advice (and probably glad that she doesn't own a half-million dollar+ wardrobe).

My immediate family has collectively owned dozens of Volvos, ever since an 850T5 saved the everloving shit out of our lives in a head-on highway-speed collision with a Peterbilt in like '95. All but my stored R-yellow 850R are or have been black. My driveway on Thanksgiving looks like I'm hosting an American chapter of the Swedish Mafia.

(I have no idea if a Swedish Mafia exists, my neighbors just seem to forget that they've been using that joke for like fifteen years.)

• Haha
Reactions: SpeedSpeak2me

Clee

Mar 8, 2022
Mine has a ton of miles on it. Grandpa drove it MN to TX back and forth a bunch of times between winter and summer house. I need a throttlebody, brakes, tires, windshield and a 9000 hr detail to make it even remotely respectable.
OUCH. Have the FEM, REM, or instrument cluster electronics pooped out yet? It's an inevitability. Usually it's just popped capacitors, virtually all give out at around 20yrs, but if it's that damn 10-pin Omron relay in the FEM and you somehow find someone with replacements, I'll trade you a kidney or something for one.

Rent Free

TCG Elite Member
Jan 26, 2015
Nowheresville North Dakota
OUCH. Have the FEM, REM, or instrument cluster electronics pooped out yet? It's an inevitability. Usually it's just popped capacitors, virtually all give out at around 20yrs, but if it's that damn 10-pin Omron relay in the FEM and you somehow find someone with replacements, I'll trade you a kidney or something for one.

Where are you located at? I know where at least 2 parts cars are. Im in Wash DC.

Clee

Mar 8, 2022
Haha! I said I'm pro-anything that *I* do. I haven't even seen that movie, let alone boned another dude on a mountain, or anywhere else for that matter.

I am pretty sure that gif is from the dudes boning on a mountain movie... I'm an honest man though; were I to bone a dude on a mountain, I certainly wouldn't lie about it, and I'd have to concede that I am then pro-mounting-mountain-men.

Y'know what? I'll concede that now. Keep it indoors or on a mountain and I'm unlikely to stumble upon it. Not my business anyway & climbing mountains mostly sucks.

Thread Info