A Valiant Sleeper...

Well I sold the VR-4 a few weeks back and have been on the search for an A-body Mopar to fill the void, saw a few cars just none really grabbed me... that was until I came across this factory fresh 67' Plymouth Valiant!! With a mere 12,5xx miles on a matching #'s slant 6, how could I not make the trek to ohio!

It turned out to be just as clean in person, and had plenty of documentation to prove it truly was 12k miles. Felt like Finnegan and Freiburger, as I drove this the 300 miles back between Ohio and Auburn Hills, MI. I was amazed to have no issues besides a slight coolant temp issue(turned out to be a backwards thermostat that had also siezed up).

I got some fun build plans to make this boring slant 6 car into a hellish street sleeper!! Here's some teaser photos, and I'll get the rest posted when I finish the edits!

iNiYsXf.jpg

pdfx9iZ.jpg

zPnLsPw.jpg

340/360 going in there?...will scoot...needs suspension if thats the route

The build is definitely gonna be a slow process as my internship with Chrysler is coming to a close and then I'll be a broke college kid again... but the eventual plan is to drop in a mild gen 3 hemi, caltrac mono-leaf, 90-10s, 4.10 8 3/4 suregrip, mopar steelies with moon hub caps, small m/t et streets, fiberglass bumpers, hood and decklid.

Still debating full sleeper or 6" cowl hood...

Similar look to this:

qlmTeer.png

Thread Info