NEW RIDE A shitbox Mercedes and some bad, or maybe good ideas

RdRnnR

wannabe racecar builder
Reaction score
So, long story short I practically stole this thing, traded my harbor freight scissor lift that just got in my way straight across for a 2001 clk320

Strong little v6 and solid mechanically other than probably some front end work and struts. Driver door window regulator I'm guessin and whatever the check engine light is on for. Also sos teleaid light so if I keep it I'll have to disable that. Lil rust on the passenger side and the seats are a bit rough but it's a blast to drive.

Anybody know much about em? Feel like it'd be a blast with an ls or a 3800 m90 combo but I haven't looked at it super hard yet. I really should flip it but part of me wants to spray it and then swap it so im torn. Throw me some input and let's see where it goes lol Snapchat-211584372.jpg

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
My buddy had a clk... Something. 55? Anyway. Had the V8. We sprayed the shiiiiiiiit out of it. Was actually in the running for the fastest in the world briefly. And then we sprayed it one too many times in the drive thru... Kaboom

OP
RdRnnR

RdRnnR

wannabe racecar builder
Reaction score
Good to see I'm not the only one thinkin the way I do :ROFLMAO:

OP
RdRnnR

RdRnnR

wannabe racecar builder
Reaction score
So I might have it sittin on the rollers to see what it does :ROFLMAO:

OP
RdRnnR

RdRnnR

wannabe racecar builder
Reaction score
158 whp 176 trq. Lil more grunt than i expected.

Outlaw

TCG Elite Member
Donating Member
Reaction score
Those are actually pretty good cars, that was when MB was still in the mindset of over engineering in a good way, and it was all about a well built, quiet and comfortable car instead of sport seats and 17 ECU’s to control all the tech.

OP
RdRnnR

RdRnnR

wannabe racecar builder
Reaction score
I think I'd I'd fix whatevers loose up front shed handle like she's on rails. From the quick diggin I did last night curb weight is less than a 4th gen too. That being said there isn't much space under the hood but it looks like a guy might be able to make room. I don't hate the idea of a full fbdoy drivetrain under it that rear end is tiny and seems to only put power down on the driver side. Heavy pedal cleared the engine light out tho lol

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom