A Press Photo Of The 2019 Ram Rebel May Hint At An Upcoming Hellcat Truck

EmersonHart13

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 18, 2007
https://jalopnik.com/a-press-photo-of-the-2019-ram-rebel-may-hint-at-an-upco-1822208071

https://i.kinja-img.com/gawker-medi...ogressive,q_80,w_800/a2a2eozz3avpjkdts9xi.jpg

Check the clock. It may be time for Ram to finally give us the Hellcat-powered truck we don’t need or deserve, but that we want.

The 2019 Ram 1500, including its Rebel model, was one of the most solid vehicles to debut at this year’s Detroit Auto Show. We already crawled through the truck to try to find as many of its easter eggs as we could, but we missed one that wasn’t on the floor models.

As first reported by Allpar, the press photos released with the announcement of the 2019 Ram Rebel contain one more Easter egg, featuring the very specific time stamp of 7:07 on the infotainment screen.

zxh6og1no7meqn0nxbvq.jpg

tvyu2zjduzqhdrxrh3w5.jpg

If you’re not aware, Ram is part of FCA, which happens to have the 707 horsepower Hellcat engine that it’s only put in the Dodge Charger, Challenger and Jeep Cherokee so far. If Ram is trying to hint that a Ram Rebel Hellcat might be coming down the pipeline, it’d be a big deal.

Ram has teased in the past about a higher-performance truck, like the 575-horsepower Hellcat-powered TRX concept back in 2016, and this little time stamp may be an indication that there are real plans for something like a Hellcat Ram now that the newest model has been revealed.

It could be likely, it’s definitely feasible, and it’s absolutely ridiculous but I can’t wait for it to happen. Jalopnik has reached out to Ram and will update with more information as it’s available.

#HELLCATALLTHINGS

greasy

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jun 25, 2007
At first I was thinking we were making the assumption that this would be a Hellcat Rebel based off of how the truck was spraying mud in the picture. Now that I read a little more a realize it has to do with the clock time in the truck.

I love how people treat photos on this shit as a damn CSI investigation. I need to start examining these photos closer.

Lead Pipe

TCG Sub-par Member
TCG Premium
Nov 4, 2010
I doubt thats a trx and think its just some dudes truck. I know everyone on the internet thinks its the trx.

What random dude would go through the hassle of putting an HD/8 lug rear end in his 1500 and buy 2 different lugged sets of wheels (standard 6 lug in the front)? This is definitely a mule. The rear is in there to handle all the horses.

No way that's the TRX. Looks exactly like what the 2019 Rebel will be.

Will be??

542327688946ef63b7be59e4f6bb0f52.jpg

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
Bumpski

Ram first showed off its Hellcat-powered Rebel TRX concept (shown above) all the way back in 2016. Then, in 2018, Fiat Chrysler said in a five-year presentation plan the supercharged V-8 pickup was confirmed for production. But we haven't anything about the truck from the company since. Now, thanks to this new report, we know a bit more.

Allpar, citing unnamed insider sources, reports the Rebel TRX will have over 700 horsepower, just like every other production FCA product that uses the 6.2-liter supercharged Hellcat engine. This is notable because while the concept used the same engine, it was detuned to just 575 hp. Allpar says power will travel to all four wheels via an eight-speed automatic transmission and a heavy-duty four-wheel-drive system.

Allpar also reports that, contrary to some reports the truck would have a more tame exterior, the production TRX will share many of its design with the original concept. That means big, widened fenders, a rugged fascia, and plenty of off-road goodies. Inside, Allpar says the TRX will get FCA's new 12-inch touch screen infotainment system, along with a feature-heavy cabin as standard.

Ram hasn't made any details on the Rebel TRX official just yet, so we won't know for sure what the truck will be packing until then. Either way, it's hard not to be excited about a factory-built Hellcat-powered pickup.

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
I'm the last guy that should talk about mpgs when I get 12-14. Whats the TRX going to get 7?

My coworkers trackhawk gets about 9.

What are track hawk guys on here getting? @shawn
On corn, I'm averaging a hair under 9mpg, pump last I checked about 11.5mpg.
If just cruising though in ECO mode on the hwy, I can get right around 16mpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info