Movie A new Matrix movie in development - not a reboot

Mook

El Presidente
Admin
Reaction score
https://bloody-disgusting.com/the-further/3560366/wachowskis-developing-new-canonized-matrix-film/

Two years ago, it was reported that Warner Bros. was developing a reboot of The Matrix, the 1999 Keanu-Reeves starrer that put his Neo inside a robot-created supercomputer that he would eventually free mankind from. If I’m remembering correctly, the trilogy ended with the twist that Neo was actually a virus that would kill the computer and save humans from robot-induced slavery.

There was a lot of hidden social commentary that, at the time, felt more like conspiracy gossip than reality. Now, nearly 20 years later, it holds more relevance than ever. But instead of a reboot, it’s sounding as if the studio and the respective filmmakers plan to revisit the original franchise with a canonized sequel (or maybe prequel?).

“I’m super happy that the Wachowskis are not just doing a Matrix, but they’re expanding what we all loved,” John Wick 3 director Chad Stahelski, who worked on the original trilogy, told Yahoo. “And if it’s anywhere near the level of what they’ve already done, it wouldn’t take more than a call to go, ‘Hey, we want you to be a stunt guy’ and I would probably go and get hit by a car.”

They followed up by asking if the Wachowskis were directing the new film. “I’m not sure of the overall,” Stahelski replied. “I’m not sure if Lana is.”

But they’re involved? “Yeah. And if they wanted help, I would absolutely put down whatever I was doing to help them.”

This is welcomed news because remakes are becoming tiring, while canonized sequels are all the rage. Why disrespect the original franchise when you can continue the story?

Plug me back into The Matrix.

lastls1

Reaction score
This makes me happy. Absolutely love the matrix movies.

lastls1

Reaction score
I really enjoyed the action scenes in reloaded though.

Broke EF

Reaction score
The first one is one of my favorite movies of all time. I am excited the Wachowskis are involved and that its not a reboot. Hopefully it is better than 2 and 3 were. They had their moments but compared to the original they are bad.

Sean

BS ISF

Donating Member
Reaction score
Almost impossible to make two more films as good as that original!! Blew my mind in the theater for sure.

I have hopes for this though!!

Mook

El Presidente
Admin
Reaction score
I keep forgetting the Wachowskis are chicks now.

Mook

El Presidente
Admin
Reaction score
Sooooo this might all end up being bullshit. Sounds like folks were talking in a hypothetical.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom