A new leak.

TurboACCORD

3rd Mario Brother
Jan 30, 2008
I can't figure out what's happening here, but here's all I know.

I fixed my oil return line from the turbo, which doesn't leak at all anymore. Keep in mind, that I did put in a LOT of oil. Now the leak looks like it's dripping from the oil pan. Could the fix of the return line have changed pressures in the oil pan to cause a leak to occur there? Or is it possible I put too much oil in? I have a friend who had nearly the same leak I do and he said he put too much oil in and had it leaking like crazy. I literally drip every 6 - 12 inches when pulling out of the driveway, sometimes even more than that.

Too much oil?
Oil pan leak?
Any other suggestions?

Thanks yall.

OffshoreDrilling

This is my safe space
TCG Sponsor
TCG Premium
HVAC Guy
Aug 28, 2007
Homer Glen
I dont see how putting in too much oil would make your car leak. If there is too much, take some out, it can be just as bad having too much as not enough. Try to get under there and really wipe things down good to see where the leak is coming from for sure instead of guessing at it.

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
I can't figure out what's happening here, but here's all I know.

I fixed my oil return line from the turbo, which doesn't leak at all anymore. Keep in mind, that I did put in a LOT of oil. Now the leak looks like it's dripping from the oil pan. Could the fix of the return line have changed pressures in the oil pan to cause a leak to occur there? Or is it possible I put too much oil in? I have a friend who had nearly the same leak I do and he said he put too much oil in and had it leaking like crazy. I literally drip every 6 - 12 inches when pulling out of the driveway, sometimes even more than that.

Too much oil?
Oil pan leak?
Any other suggestions?

Thanks yall.

Clean it all off, Spray it down with carb clean to be able to REALLY see where its coming from.

Lord Tin Foilhat

TCG Conspiracy Lead Investigator
TCG Premium
Jul 8, 2007
Privy Chamber
If your leak is that fast then getting under there and finding it won't be a problem.
There's no way you "blew" an oil pan gasket. Unless the oil pan wasn't tightened down right.
Either a line or fitting is leaking. ;)

x2, sounds like a line is leaking down and looking like a gasket.. i had the same issue with my integra, except with coolant. there was a cut on the underside of the rubber hose, and it was right next to the block so i thought i blew a headgasket and leaking shit everywhere

Stink Star

Don’t Drive Angry!
TCG Premium
Jan 20, 2008
Big wood cock
ummm because i did. i'm no fuckin n00b here c'mon.

The dipstick reads above the full line. That's why I thought it could be leaking out of somewhere it wouldn't normally leak. Too much oil.

youre no noob... yet you are the one who added too much oil, and continued to drive around like that and are wondering why you have mysterious new leaks...

Mickey

Look at those low rates!
Feb 13, 2008
Normal, IL
Real Name
Mickey Cole
The oil being a little high wont hurt anything. I would do as was already suggested. Clean it off and then look again. If it comes from the timing cover then its either balance shaft, or front main. If it comes from the Bell housing then its a rear main or input shaft. Oil pan is obvious if it comes straight down the middle of the back of the block then it could be the head gasket. Axle seals are fairly obvious. Cam seals amd valve cover are fairly obvious as well. The balance shaft seals on the f series motors tend to walk out so that might be a good place to check.

James

TCG Elite Member
Jan 18, 2008
No dude. You could put 10 quarts of oil in and it wouldn't run....but it wouldn't leak either. A leak is a leak regardless.

Quit guessin', get under the car, finding the leak just takes your eyes and a paper towel...it's not hard!

It's even possible you or someone else left your old oil filter ring on there and put on a new filter over it.
But guesses are worth jack until you LOOK.

Mickey

Look at those low rates!
Feb 13, 2008
Normal, IL
Real Name
Mickey Cole
It's even possible you or someone else left your old oil filter ring on there and put on a new filter over it.
But guesses are worth jack until you LOOK.

Usually this results in a massive oil puddle underneath the car, but it is possible. Drain plug is very common as well, but I figured that was a given. That should've been the first thing that was checked. Seeing as how your car is boosted I'm guessing you don't have a factory "a" pipe with a section of flex pipe in it. If you do that might be the problem. The pipe is directly below the oil filter and if whoever did the oil change didn't clean it up it would drip from there for a while.

TurboACCORD

3rd Mario Brother
Jan 30, 2008
Usually this results in a massive oil puddle underneath the car, but it is possible. Drain plug is very common as well, but I figured that was a given.

This could be the problem. The previous owner was a retard...

I just took it to my guy yesterday. I jacked it up and found out I had a broken axel boot. I figured if I'm getting that fixed, I might as well save myself the hassel of finding an oil leak in the cold. Just as a side note, I'd definitely do it myself it were warm. lol

I would check the oil line from the oil pressure sensor since thats where you most likely got your oil feed from. check the fitting maybe its loose or just not sealed properly. check all your pan bolts like everyone else said. this is kind of a problem if you dont take care of especially with a turbo you are going to fuck up your car badly... stop being lazy and get under the car. cold weather or not it wouldnt stop me from saving my car. [/rant]

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info