a little bumpage

eckoxl

Reaction score
Got hit by a van today right on randall. I saw the lady turn out behind me at like 30 miles an hour. Watched through the rear view mirror as she ran into me. Was on the cell phone and rushing to get her daughter from school. She had to hit me at least at 25mph. I will need a new bumper, new taillights, possibly a new exhaust and a new rear fender. That's just from looking at it, didn't look under or do any investigations yet.

Yaj Yak

Harbor Master
Donating Member
Reaction score
id be surprised if you get a new fender or exhaust out of that... still will be a fun insurance tag tho...

im willing to bet tho they will just straighten your fender

whats wrong with your taillights?

Yaj Yak

Harbor Master
Donating Member
Reaction score
i doubt that. the law is that you must be able to see visible light output from the brake lights from 500 feet away... a bic cigarette lighter is noticeable from that distance

OP
eckoxl

eckoxl

Reaction score
id be surprised if you get a new fender or exhaust out of that... still will be a fun insurance tag tho...

im willing to bet tho they will just straighten your fender

whats wrong with your taillights?
One of them cracked upon impact.

I bet with those tinted tails you'll be at fault. Good luck.
Nope. She told the officer that it was her fault and that she did see my lights.

Bruce Jibboo

Reaction score
i thought the person who rear ended is usually at fault almost no matter what.. even if you break check someone and they hit you

utryd2

Reaction score
i thought the person who rear ended is usually at fault almost no matter what.. even if you break check someone and they hit you
Nope. If they brake check you and you smash them its both parteis fault.
Front car gets wreckless driving and rear car gets following to close. At least in Wheaton.

Bruce Jibboo

Reaction score
all he said she said.. an animal started coming out so they breaked etc.. all just a bunch of not fun stuff

ilikemtb999

I eat dirt
Donating Member
Reaction score
i doubt that. the law is that you must be able to see visible light output from the brake lights from 500 feet away... a bic cigarette lighter is noticeable from that distance
Ah didn't know this....I recall reading some stories where people got screwed over from it

99PONTIACGP

Reaction score
I bet with those tinted tails you'll be at fault. Good luck.
Thats what Im afraid of if I ever get rear ended, that the person that hits me will say they cant see my tail lights :noes: sucks though, hope the best for you from the insurance company.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom