A few questions for you FWD & automatic guys.

Bob Kazamakis

I’m the f-ing lizard king
TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2007
Denver
Real Name
Joel
So the 9C1 flexplate would be the best choice? if i understand correctly i should be able to throw this in without any vibration issues right?

This is my DD were talking here. Reliability> all out performance but unfortunately money has a HUGE factor in all of this. i figure a low mileage stockish tranny (hardened input shaft & 4th gear added though) would be ok for a mild street car around 3300# or so.

I plan on cutting a bit more weight where i can. i still have some sound deadening to get rid of from the back of the front seats forward. i also plan on taking some brackets to the drill press come spring.

so what would you suggest? i cannot afford a full built race tranny so its out of the equation. i can probably afford $1500 when everything is all said and done. i plan on doing the work myself and have access to alldata

OffshoreDrilling

This is my safe space
TCG Sponsor
TCG Premium
HVAC Guy
Aug 28, 2007
Homer Glen
My wheels came in about a week ago now but the tires were on backorder. They finally shipped out today. I weighed the wheels when I got them, 7.2lbs each. When I saw the tracking info for the tires just a few minutes ago, each package was 7lbs!!

14.2lbs wheel and tire combo for the rear, stock weighs about 44. :eek3:

I just sold an extra set of forged pistons I had this week too. Im now debating on swapping my DRs onto a pair of draglites as well. Theyre currently on steelies.

M@

Somebody buy this thing
Nov 26, 2007
So the 9C1 flexplate would be the best choice? if i understand correctly i should be able to throw this in without any vibration issues right?

This is my DD were talking here. Reliability> all out performance but unfortunately money has a HUGE factor in all of this. i figure a low mileage stockish tranny (hardened input shaft & 4th gear added though) would be ok for a mild street car around 3300# or so.

I plan on cutting a bit more weight where i can. i still have some sound deadening to get rid of from the back of the front seats forward. i also plan on taking some brackets to the drill press come spring.

so what would you suggest? i cannot afford a full built race tranny so its out of the equation. i can probably afford $1500 when everything is all said and done. i plan on doing the work myself and have access to alldata

The L36 flexplate will be the cheapest route, in my opinion strongest, and will have NO vibration issues. I ran this plate in my DD for well over a year and a half with zero vibrations added because of it, and zero issues making 11 second power. The car still has this flexplate in it, but is no longer a daily driven car, only sees weekend warrior duty now.

You can get an L36 for less than 50 bucks from Ed, and there is no need to drill the thing, or otherwise modify it in a way that could compromise its integrity.

OffshoreDrilling

This is my safe space
TCG Sponsor
TCG Premium
HVAC Guy
Aug 28, 2007
Homer Glen
I got the tires mounted this morning and put them on for a test fit.
j5jybk.jpg

2kj4eg.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info