A compliment to my killer chiller

HellPIG

Reaction score
These blower spacers and blankets are popular with the ctsv/holden platform. They recently released them for the hellcat / trackhawk. I figured I'd give them a try. Some guys are seeing 20-30whp gains from just adding this spacer. I wish I had the time to do an apples to apples, but they do work for sure at lowering IATS. My idle iat dropped 20 and my coolant temps have never been this cold. I'm still playing with it to see how cold I can get it.

Before spacers and blanket

After spacers and blanket

More tinkering today with higher ambient. Car idled for 20 mins.

Info on what I did....

https://youtu.be/VH08GcOZy1s

Mook

El Presidente
Admin
Reaction score
Be curious how much that helps at the track.

CMNTMXR57

GM & Holden Nutswinger
Reaction score
It will between runs as you come back down the return lane in order to bring the temps back down. When you go WOT, the PCM commands the A/C off on GM vehicles. So it isn't doing anything under WOT anyway. I'm sure dodge does the same as it's pretty much standard operating procedure.

It's purely for the recovery and maintaining lower temps between those runs.

I've wanted to add an interchiller to the V.

Pressure Ratio

Donating Member
Reaction score
phenolic spacers and heat shields are old horsepower tricks. They work well in most applications. The Killer Chiller is a great help with fighting heat soak as well. All great mods.

1quick

Donating Member
Reaction score
It will between runs as you come back down the return lane in order to bring the temps back down. When you go WOT, the PCM commands the A/C off on GM vehicles. So it isn't doing anything under WOT anyway. I'm sure dodge does the same as it's pretty much standard operating procedure.

It's purely for the recovery and maintaining lower temps between those runs.

I've wanted to add an interchiller to the V.
I’m not positive if he has one but most guys run a ice tank so they have 5+ gallons of that cold water stored for the run, the temps should stay pretty consistent

HellPIG

Reaction score
I run a 2 gallon aux tank. I've had this system since last August. Spacers and blanket are the new addition. Recovery times are awesome.

CMNTMXR57

GM & Holden Nutswinger
Reaction score
I’m not positive if he has one but most guys run a ice tank so they have 5+ gallons of that cold water stored for the run, the temps should stay pretty consistent
I guess my point was, while you have the tank, the actual A/C isn't doing it during the actual run as A/C is commanded off. It's the post-run recovery and while you wait in the staging lanes that keep it cool and consistent temp-wise.

It's just the modern version of throwing a bag of ice on your intake between runs. :D

1quick

Donating Member
Reaction score
I guess my point was, while you have the tank, the actual A/C isn't doing it during the actual run as A/C is commanded off. It's the post-run recovery and while you wait in the staging lanes that keep it cool and consistent temp-wise.

It's just the modern version of throwing a bag of ice on your intake between runs. :D
Yes but while you run and the ac is off you have a tank full of ice cold water so the whole run is also cold, it helps the recovery but also has way cooler temps during the run, similar to an ice box but no need for ice

HellPIG

Reaction score
Yes but while you run and the ac is off you have a tank full of ice cold water so the whole run is also cold, it helps the recovery but also has way cooler temps during the run, similar to an ice box but no need for ice

Yes

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom