A/C cold on passenger side, warm on drivers side

Gone_2022

TCG Elite Member
Sep 4, 2013
A lot of times its the Temp door actuator. Sometimes there is more than 1. Not sure what actuator you replaced already. Had something like this recently on a vehicle at one of my dealers and it turned out to be the reciever dryer becoming plugged up. Pressures were off etc. Just food for thought.

ThirdgenTa

TCG Elite Member
Mar 17, 2008
Aurora
A lot of times its the Temp door actuator. Sometimes there is more than 1. Not sure what actuator you replaced already. Had something like this recently on a vehicle at one of my dealers and it turned out to be the reciever dryer becoming plugged up. Pressures were off etc. Just food for thought.

Replaced the drivers side. How do you know if it's the dryer? I know last year I had the compressor replaced but didn't replace anything else.

Gone_2022

TCG Elite Member
Sep 4, 2013
Replaced the drivers side. How do you know if it's the dryer? I know last year I had the compressor replaced but didn't replace anything else.

The dealer I talked to had to actually hook it up to a set of gauges. Found that one side had incorrect pressure. I cannot remember if it was the high or low side. But I think that was a more unusual situation. The majority of the time it is the simple actuator thing.

ThirdgenTa

TCG Elite Member
Mar 17, 2008
Aurora
Based on your signature I assumed this was for the Regal? After the temp door install did you calibrate the temp door? That was the last step in the process when I looked it up. My guess is that has to be done with a tech II?

Yup for the 2003 regal. I installed it and it didn't fix it so someone said to disconnect the battery. I did that and I stuck my head under the dash while switching the A/C on and off and I can see the knob turn. Is there something else I have to do?
I also took the old one apart and the gears are not cracked or anything so I am assuming it's not bad.

Gone_2022

TCG Elite Member
Sep 4, 2013
Or possible partially plugged evap core? Here is the diagram of the flow and how the system works
But def check the state of charge first. Or have a local shop check it.

b14ec2802ae17af5beaf9ff8d0d21471.jpg

ThirdgenTa

TCG Elite Member
Mar 17, 2008
Aurora
I did put some freon in but I don't have a gauge anymore. The can I bought has these things that turn blue when it's cold. Obviously the passenger side is already blue. I am going to find someone with a gauge to check the pressure because I don't want to overfill it.
How many blend doors are on our cars? I though there was only 2, but my friend said there at least 4.

bikrboy128

Some say.....
TCG Premium
Jul 15, 2007
Wheaton
sounds like you either have an airflow restriction or a temp blend door stuck in the middle. getting to the temp door actuator doesn't require dash removal. i find the actuator, then watch it as you move the temp selector on the HVAC control panel to see if it moves.
then unplug and remove the actuator, then manually move the door to see if the heat gets any better.

ThirdgenTa

TCG Elite Member
Mar 17, 2008
Aurora
When I looked at it the last time I replaced the drivers side with a new one and it did not fix the problem. Then I put the old one back in and I can see it move when I changed the temperature. I started to try and get at the passenger side one but I just didn't have the right tools with me at the time. Should I try and pull the passenger side one out?

ThirdgenTa

TCG Elite Member
Mar 17, 2008
Aurora
ok so the vent to the right of the steering wheel blows pretty hard when the fan is turned up, but it won't blow warm. The one to the left of the steering wheel doesn't blow hard at all. Both passenger vents don't blow hard either, but the air that comes out is hot.

I looked at both acuators and they both turn when I turn the heat up and down.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info