A 2021 Honda Civic Type R Just Lapped Suzuka Quicker Than a Ferrari F40

Kensington

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 14, 2017
Well shit.

Thoroughly upgraded for the 2020 model year and then further enhanced for 2021's Limited Edition model, the Honda Civic Type R is ready for another tour of the world's racetracks to crush lap records left and right. One of the first stops on its calendar, it appears, was the site of Formula 1's Japanese Grand Prix, Suzuka Circuit, where the lightest, tightest FK8 Type R yet reset the lap record for front-drive production cars.

Back in February, race-winning Super GT driver Takuya Izawa flung a showroom-stock example of the 2021 Civic Type R Limited Edition around the 3.6-mile track in 2:23.993, beating the record-holding Renault Megane R.S. Trophy-R by almost half a second. Izawa's lap time also eclipses that of the Ferrari F40, whose best lap of 2:25.26 was set by none other than Drift King Keiichi Tsuchiya himself per Fastest Laps.

Hit the link for the in car video

Reactions: Broke EF

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
TCG Premium
Sep 19, 2010
Rockford
Real Name
Bill
Carbon fiber monoque twin turbo V8 mid-engined supercar, that was at one time, that fastest car....in the world.

Yeah I think a FWD Honda beating it around a racetrack is deeply impressive.
I am on the side of tire technology. Because the F40 is less weight, nearly 200hp more, and has better aero.

Give an F40 modern cup2 tires and watch the lap times fall.

Kensington

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 14, 2017
I am on the side of tire technology. Because the F40 is less weight, nearly 200hp more, and has better aero.

Give an F40 modern cup2 tires and watch the lap times fall.

I don't know what year the F40's lap time was set, but the Fastest Times page made it seem like it was semi-recent (post 2010). The Type R was also faster than a 458 Italia, and was with a few tenths of an Aventador S. So yes, the Type R was bookin

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
it's not impressive to people whose highest form of motorsports talent looks like this

giphy.gif

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn
this fucking thread.

the point is this new fucking CIVIC is fucking bonkers.

none of you dick pullers are ever going to own an F40 let alone sit in one, so there's a better chance the civic hits your driveway.

Not so sure about that. Because there is no way I am ever going to own that Civic. :rofl: I bet others feel the same here.

So more accurately, none of us dick pullers will ever own that Civic or an F40. haha

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info