99 trans am, 6.0, cast s480, 830whp unlocked 80e

Gone_2022

TCG Elite Member
Sep 4, 2013
Exactly my point. Buy something that is already done. I could give two fucks about "built not bought".

Hell, the R is the first ca I've bought stock in a long while.

Honestly the built not bought argument is dead and in my opinion has been for a long time. Most big time contenders you see at any local events have a shop behind them, or mechanics that work at those shops do these cars on the side etc.

Most people are not welding cages in their garage.... setting up 4 link cars.... gutting cars, dropping custom turbo kits on their cars.

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
Honestly the built not bought argument is dead and in my opinion has been for a long time. Most big time contenders you see at any local events have a shop behind them, or mechanics that work at those shops do these cars on the side etc.

Most people are not welding cages in their garage.... setting up 4 link cars.... gutting cars, dropping custom turbo kits on their cars.

Well...I mean whos talking about those extremes? I'm talking a simple heads / cam combo.

Plenty of heavy hitters still do all the work out of their garage.

Gone_2022

TCG Elite Member
Sep 4, 2013
Well...I mean whos talking about those extremes? I'm talking a simple heads / cam combo.

Well simple heads cam stuff sure. That’s a good way to have a nice street car with some bite that you can build with your buddies.

I was referring to local no prep events and some of the larger known ones. Heads cam cars are not going to cut it there. Basically fully built 1200 hp is the minimum to really be a contender. (Full weight type car)

Gone_2022

TCG Elite Member
Sep 4, 2013
Was for sale as a roller. Had some bites but never a full commitment. We moved on to finishing the build. Last piece is the engine to arrive. Turbo400 custom converter, everything else is already on site.

So car will now be built from front to back and should roll out of the shop above 1000 whp.

Still for sale for the right price, but now that it will be complete it went up in price a lot. So I’ll sit on it until someone wants to pay top dollar for a quality build ready to rock car, that retains ac and heat and isn’t hacked or cut up.

Ron Vogel

TCG Elite Member
Jul 12, 2007
Aurora
Real Name
Ron Vogel

My 18YO is picking up a G35 in a few weeks, and we plan to LS swap it ourselves. Waiting on my co-worker to get the title in the mail. It's not extreme, but I don't want him to think he needs a shop to build it for him.

1quick

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 29, 2008
coal city
I honestly just work on my own stuff to save money at this point, I have a hard time paying 100+ an hour if I can do it myself, I’ve learned so much just for digging in and giving it a try mainly through failures but it happens, I took the maintenance test at work an passed it just for the hell of it recently

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
Save the money on buying/modding a C6Z. Go right to the C6 ZR1. Those are a great deal at the moment. Or were last year when I looked. I can only imagine they are an even better deal. And at least you have good power even if it is stock.

Dont ZRs go for 50+ still? Shit, at the point I may as well get a GTR.

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn
Dont ZRs go for 50+ still? Shit, at the point I may as well get a GTR.

Here I thought a ZR1 was stretching it. But if you got a 3rd job and GTR money I say go for it. lol

There are lots of sides to arguments on both cars. I'm not against a GTR. I think they cost more and will cost more to keep on the road. I just think the C6 ZR1 has to be one of the best deals on a used performance car with power right now. I am a fan of the right C6Z as well. I wouldn't hate seeing you in one of those as well.

You are also talking about getting rid of the R. I hope there is a DD in the works as well. haha

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info