• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

99 Mustang audio help

turtleman

Addict
Sep 6, 2009
Villa Park, IL
Real Name
covid
My sister got a new receiver and speakers I'm putting in. I'm ordering the wire harness for it. 1999 Mustang w/o Mach audio, it's just got a separate cd deck at the bottom.

A couple questions - It looks like even though it doesn't have the fancier Mach package, it can still have a remote amplifier? Crutchfield doesn't know if it needs the amp harness or the other one with all the speaker wires going to the head unit. Any way to know for sure before I go over there and take it apart?

The other issue is I went to put in the new speakers in the front doors and the new speaker seems to be too thin where the screws go because the screws bottom out before the speaker is secured. Not really a rocket surgery kind of problem but I also tested it out for sound and there is practically no bass at all. It's like an acoustics problem. Anyway, I just wanted to see if there's anything that the mustang guys do to install aftermarket door speakers with good results.

hellraiser319

Hellraising since 1986
May 17, 2010
West Bend, WI
If it's not Mach, it will still have an amplifier, it will be inside the dash below the cd player. 70-5511 to retain factory amplifier, 70-5514 to bypass it (will be same harness but with jumper harness for amp connections. It's going to use the same harness as Mach as well, Mach is just a bit more involved.

Speakers, different screws, or make new holes. Make sure it's sealed per say front from back, if there is a gap right there, it will cancel out the bass a bit.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

• turtleman
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list