• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

99 Cobra NOS

B

Boost12

Go wet for sure. And you could get by with 150 shot and be safe if you ran colder plugs and good gas but you would need to be tuned for it otherwise it may not be safe. I would start off with a 75 shot of wet and Jet it up from there because your gonna have to figure out wich fuel jets to use depending on what the weather is. N20 is a very good thing if you use it in the right ways. Just my 2 cents :biggthump But always make sure your using race gas while spraying just to insure nothing happens

01Sleeper

TCG Elite Member
Dec 11, 2004
I had a 150 shot on my 01 and it blew the shit out of the motor. You should be fine with the 150 as long as you upgrade the fuel pump, that was my mistake. It was fine on the dyno and then as soon as it hit the track it could not keep up. Just be careful.

Todd

abad46

Regular
Oct 13, 2004
01Sleeper said:
I had a 150 shot on my 01 and it blew the shit out of the motor. You should be fine with the 150 as long as you upgrade the fuel pump, that was my mistake. It was fine on the dyno and then as soon as it hit the track it could not keep up. Just be careful.

Todd

I ran a 150 shot on my 97 for 4 years! When we pulled the engine apart, looked like brand new! It's how you use it that depicts how long it will last. If you know and understand it, it will last! Nitrous backfires are a common problem with common folk running wet shots...IE: Dumping the clutch at 5k and the rpms drop to 2k and you're spraying the whole time...BIG NO NO! A dry kit IS SAFER for the average user 150hp and under, anything over that you want a wet kit. Upgrading the fuel pump to one that can withstand the pressure is a integral part. Best thing you can do is learn about everything before you go and jump into something! The more you know the less likely something can happen. I say go with a NOS brand kit for your car, dry and start with a 100 shot, when you get used to it, go higher and higher! A diablosport or sct flip chip would be a good idea, one with a nitrous tune, and one nitrous tune can pretty much let you switch the jetting without a retune (depending on who does it!) and upgrade the fuel pump for over 125shot.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info