• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

99-04 Vs. 05-09 Mustang GT's

greasy

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jun 25, 2007
Buy a LS1

But honestly, if you're looking more for power, you can't go wrong with an LS1.

Is there any mention of a GM product in the title?

Sell the Mustang Mark and go buy a LS1 it is way better :picard: The :nutz: makes me sick. Imagine how exciting the car world would be if every performace vehicle had an LS1......

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
want to buy mine? :eh?:

Yours fixed yet, and how much?

*You ninja edited, PM me how much you'd be looking to get for it*

There is an 04 Sonic blue, Manual GT black top Vert (Premium/loaded) 2 miles from my house at a dealer for 11,500 asking right now with a warranty and 70K on it *One owner*, thats what kinda 'sparked' my interest again. Didn't realize they were getting that cheap for 2 valves for as new as 04.

blakbearddelite

I'm not one of your 'shit-hole' buddies!
TCG Premium
Jun 28, 2007
FL
I know, I'm playing devil's advocate.

But, if you threw the same amount of money at the G8, the Mustang would get left in the dust.

/threadjacking

EDIT: I should also throw this in here to appease Jim. I would much rather have a Cobra than an LS motored car.

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
:werd:

Just answer the dude's question or don't post.

3V's seem to have come down in price and seem to take well to mods. The outside styling has grown on me over time. I used to hate them at first....

This is EXACTLY why I've started this thread :)

I'm seeing 3V's going for 13-16K now (depending upon feature/miles)

and 03/04 2V's going for 9-11K.

Could still get decent $ for my 4X4 truck, especially if I hang onto it to fall and trade it in prior to winter I'd probably get the most $ for my truck, and get the best deal on whatever I pick up. (Plates also expire in Oct... so everything would line up nicely)

PANDA

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Event Coordinator
May 24, 2007
Wisconsin Northwoods
Is there any mention of a GM product in the title?

Sell the Mustang Mark and go buy a LS1 it is way better :picard: The :nutz: makes me sick. Imagine how exciting the car world would be if every performace vehicle had an LS1......

But if original poster asked about buying say a LT1 or LS1 the mustang :nutz: would hop in and say buy Ford.

Not sure what he is looking for but the LS1 is the best performance per dollar RWD V8 IMO.

Look here we have a solid 11 second LS1 with stock internals for $7,000.
http://www.ls1tech.com/forums/vehicle-classifieds/1351651-1999-camaro-stock-internal-11-68-a.html

greasy

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jun 25, 2007
But if original poster asked about buying say a LT1 or LS1 the mustang :nutz: would hop in and say buy Ford.

Not sure what he is looking for but the LS1 is the best performance per dollar RWD V8 IMO.

Look here we have a solid 11 second LS1 with stock internals for $7,000.
http://www.ls1tech.com/forums/vehicle-classifieds/1351651-1999-camaro-stock-internal-11-68-a.html

Are you fucking delusional? There are some serious LS1 trolls on this forum and I rarely, if ever, see Ford people doing what you claim.

YoushallgoFo

TCG Elite Member
Dec 26, 2008
05's look better imo a lot less thrown together. Neither car is very fast stock for the money, so it might as well look good. Theres probably just as much aftermarket for the new ones as the old too but probably not as much used shit obviously. the 05's still turn heads, but the previous ones to me arnt that big of a deal, theres so damn many of them.

PANDA

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Event Coordinator
May 24, 2007
Wisconsin Northwoods
Are you fucking delusional? There are some serious LS1 trolls on this forum and I rarely, if ever, see Ford people doing what you claim.

What im trying to say is most Mustang or Camaro threads turn into a GM vs Ford regardless. IMO the LS1 is a better value if you are looking for a car of this type. If I were to choose Id go with a 99-04 just cuz they are cheaper. But if he is willing to buy up to a 09 that brings into another completely different price bracket. Alot better of a car can be purchased for $20,000 plus.

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
What im trying to say is most Mustang or Camaro threads turn into a GM vs Ford regardless. IMO the LS1 is a better value if you are looking for a car of this type. If I were to choose Id go with a 99-04 just cuz they are cheaper. But if he is willing to buy up to a 09 that brings into another completely different price bracket. Alot better of a car can be purchased for $20,000 plus.

You are the one turning this thread into GM Vs. Ford :rofl:

I'm not shopping for 20+, I'm shopping for 10-15, which both styles of mustangs sit comfortably within.

Within that bracket would REALLY only include GTO's as far as the LS World is concerned (As I do not want a TA or Camaro, I want something newer)

Did you ever think maybe I don't want a car that is all out performance? I OWN A DRAG TRUCK.... Sure its not the fastest, but I can damn well make it competitive with the budget I finally have this year.

I want a mustang because I want a mustang.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info