• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

99-04 Vs. 05-09 Mustang GT's

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
Are you fucking delusional? There are some serious LS1 trolls on this forum and I rarely, if ever, see Ford people doing what you claim.

*cough* JasonGT *cough*

You are the one turning this thread into GM Vs. Ford :rofl:

I'm not shopping for 20+, I'm shopping for 10-15, which both styles of mustangs sit comfortably within.

Within that bracket would REALLY only include GTO's as far as the LS World is concerned (As I do not want a TA or Camaro, I want something newer)

Did you ever think maybe I don't want a car that is all out performance? I OWN A DRAG TRUCK.... Sure its not the fastest, but I can damn well make it competitive with the budget I finally have this year.

Yeah 3V>2V, but is there REALLY a significant difference in performance? Both are 14 second cars stock for stock. ( average ) You want the perfect Mustang, count your pennies and buy a new 5.0. Want the next best thing, a 05-09.
I want a mustang because I want a mustang.
You wont buy a camaro or firebird (98-02) cause they are "older", but want to know about 99-04 mustangs? :rofl:

Ok I am done now. For me, it depends on the day. Some days I like the 99-04 style better, and some days I like the 05-09 style better. The interior is what would sway me more. Do you want a 2004 Mustang with 1994 interior, or do you want a 2005 Mustang with 2005 interior? :dunno:

Are you fucking delusional? There are some serious LS1 trolls on this forum and I rarely, if ever, see Ford people doing what you claim.

I almost guarantee not a single ford nutswinger would tell someone to buy a mustang if they were asking about an ls1 car.

People like different stuff; get the fuck over it.

As a Ford guy and a LS2 owner....I find those comment humorous.

YOU TRAITOR! I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU'D GO AGAINST (insert brand here)!!!!!!!!!

Nice! Might buy a Challenger SRT-8 (if their prices ever fall from the stratosphere) as a toy or a HEMI tradesman pick-up as a DD in a few years.

:pedobear: ....seriously though I know you love Mustangs, but wouldn't it look better with a LSX in there. I plan on dropping a mint on a SRT-8 Challenger one day, but will have to put a LSX in there just because.:wackit:

Lead Pipe

TCG Sub-par Member
TCG Premium
Nov 4, 2010
Wow, GM :nutz: and I didn't even get involved yet.

A buddy of mine has a 3 valve and they are pretty damn nice cars. I was considering one before the Camaro come back was announced (and maybe I was a little drunk). The older (04 and older) mustangs are just not as nice inside and out.

T

The Beast

3 yrs ago I bought a 2004 saleen vert supercharged with 2500 miles that was traded in at my job. I also owned a ls1 firehawk at the same time of owning the saleen and I still have the firehawk for a reason and it's just my preference. I work for ford dealership and would look and drive the 05-09 bodystyle and it's way more comfortable and the 3valve is much stronger, just the ride alone in the 05-09 made me wish the saleen would have been one year newer and I would still own the Saleen today. The 04 felt so old compared to the new bodystyle. If you can afford a used 2011 5.0 buy that one it's a bad mutha and makes the 99-09 bodystyle look and feel stupid on the road. If your really stuck on the 99-04 buy a terminator we all know what those are capable of. If you can't find a clean terminator please do yourself a favor and buy the 05-09 bodystyle they are very affordable since people want the 5.0.

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
if you're dead set on a mustang for DD duty, go 05+. the interior and ride quality is way nicer than the 99-04. though you should probably look for a 6 banger considering a GT will outrun your "drag truck" :hsugh:

6 banger 4.0 are dogs :(. And I don't care if my DD is faster than my Ranger, I built that truck from damn near the ground up which is more than can be said for many people here, REGARDLESS of how slow it is :). It has been a learning experience start to finish and if I run 15s, or 13s, at the end of the day I built that truck and am proud.

05-09 GT's run low 14's realistically. a 13.9 pass in a press car driven by a professional is not going to be easily achievable.

I've seen 05-09 GT's crack into the 12's for less than 2 grand (Intake/gear/tire/canned tune/Cut-out), they respond well to modifcations. Stock for stock, just about any LSX will be faster, but as mentioned multiple times by multiple people, that isn't the topic, nor is 'bang for the buck' with mods for Ford Vs Ford, OR Ford Vs GM.

After test driving the 04, I'm going to have to stick with shopping for 05+'s... The interior REALLY is worlds nicer, thank you for those that had constructive input :)

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
I know you're set on a stang (which is a good choice) but have you thought about an S2000 at all?

ACTUALLY, that is one of the cars I test drove before I bought my old 05 Vert.

HUGE fan, and would buy one in a heart beat except they are REALLY holding their value well since they stopped making them which gives them a fairly sizable price premium over a comparable 05 GT from what I've seen. That and being a 2 seater does semi kill DD drive-ability.

I think the S2000 is a gorgeous car, just as fast, better handling, better MPG than an 05+ GT, but the 2 things above kill it as an option for the most part.

*edit*

For example, this is the ONLY S2000 within 100 miles that is under 18K, and 2005 or newer *again, looking for below 15K* There are 6 or 7 05+ GT's within 25 miles that meet those requirements.

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.j...pe=b&num_records=25&cardist=31&standard=false

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info