• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

99-04 Vs. 05-09 Mustang GT's

machausta

Slow VW driver
Sep 18, 2009
Eastern Tennessee
What im trying to say is most Mustang or Camaro threads turn into a GM vs Ford regardless. IMO the LS1 is a better value if you are looking for a car of this type. If I were to choose Id go with a 99-04 just cuz they are cheaper. But if he is willing to buy up to a 09 that brings into another completely different price bracket. Alot better of a car can be purchased for $20,000 plus.

If you want to make this a Ford vs GM thing, then how many LSx blocks can handle 1000+ HP? If you'll notice its weak links are the crack capped rods and hyperutectic pistons. The stock internals can hold about 400 HP before they grenade, but the blocks can hold far more. How many factory GM blocks can do that?

Bob Kazamakis

I’m the f-ing lizard king
TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2007
Denver
Real Name
JK
If you want to make this a Ford vs GM thing, then how many LSx blocks can handle 1000+ HP? If you'll notice its weak links are the crack capped rods and hyperutectic pistons. The stock internals can hold about 400 HP before they grenade, but the blocks can hold far more. How many factory GM blocks can do that?

Just ignore the little troll and keep this a ford vs ford thread like it should be.

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL

LALALALALALA, CLOSING MY EARS CAUSE I LOVE GMS LALALALALA (Panda)

Rofl, Don't poke the bee-hive Jay!

If I bought a Mustang it would be an 04 and older, but I'm just saying that because I was never a huge fan of the 05-09 body style. Can't really say much about the powertrain as I don't know much about Mustangs, but is it a common swap to swap the 3V into the 99-04? Cause I think that would be a neat swap. Slap a kenne bell on there and it'll do some work.

Oh, and I'm a big GM :nutz: but I would take an 03-04 Cobra any day over any LS1. Sorry Panda.

Angus

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 12, 2007
HHI, SC
If I bought a Mustang it would be an 04 and older, but I'm just saying that because I was never a huge fan of the 05-09 body style. Can't really say much about the powertrain as I don't know much about Mustangs, but is it a common swap to swap the 3V into the 99-04? Cause I think that would be a neat swap. Slap a kenne bell on there and it'll do some work.

Oh, and I'm a big GM :nutz: but I would take an 03-04 Cobra any day over any LS1. Sorry Panda.

OR just slap a KB on a stock 2v. Look what Mark's 2v is doing!

Basically, they are all the same engines just with different head combos and some other little stuff...

Or buy a 2v, and throw sometrick flow heads on it and you're flowing gobs of air then.

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
How about a 01-02 cobra? I've always been a bigger fan of the new edge's body style. I can't stand the 05 and up's. That and the new edges go for dirt cheap with quite a few mods already done to have quite the fun car.

REALLY want something 04 or newer honestly. Rather like to avoid larger maintenance items for as long as possible.

I'd actually rather buy a late model Mark8 Over an 01/02 Cobra.

jason05gt

TCG Elite Member
Jan 17, 2007
Naperville

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
with your baller job... why not an 03-04 cobra? its clearly just going to be a fun car... you CAN find them not beat to shit for under 20k.

DD Duty, the only other 'option' I have in mind is seeing how much the Focus ST is when it gets released in the US. If its under 26K I'm going to buy one hands down.

And I'm far from baller still, lots of new expenses with the new place as per typical.

blakbearddelite

I'm not one of your 'shit-hole' buddies!
TCG Premium
Jun 28, 2007
FL
2002 cobras don't exist. Stopped production after 01 to make the 03-04.

Correct. They made a '99, a Cobra R in '00, and another Cobra in '01. I believe there was some weird variation of a Cobra overseas for the 2002 model year, but nothing in the US.

EDIT from Wikipedia:

Although many believe there was no 2002 Cobra, there was a very small release. There were only about 100 vehicles built, and they were all shipped to Australia. Other changes included additional lights in the lower bumper, and the steering wheel was moved to the right side of the car.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info