• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

98 GT mods

He's not selling it. The car has some sentimental value.

It's a stick.

He was looking at trickflow heads. Any idea how those compare to the PI heads?

He has the intake (hasn't put it on yet).

Since he wants to keep the car, is it stupid expensive to swap to another motor? If not what would be a good option.

Just tossing out questions so I can get an idea for him.

Thanks.

greasy

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jun 25, 2007
NPI 2V's are total dogs, I know! I had a 98 GT as well.

I would honestly look to do a Coyote swap if he can swing it, cash and mechanical aptitude. If you do not swap the motor you will spends $4-5K to get the car to a spot where it is still slow.

greasy

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jun 25, 2007
I would think upwards of $8-9K..

Do you know what his end game is for the car in terms of horsepower?

I know that figure is a lot, and that is why people say to sell the car. Say he does heads, cams, intake, exhaust, etc..he is looking at maybe 300 to the wheels and that motor will be running pretty high compression.

If you do not touch the motor and just do a blower you might get 330 RWHP out of the car.

If you do all of the motor work and blower you will be right around the engine swap money or more and running on the ragged edge of the car blowing up. With the motor swap it will make decent power with a tune and be a great platform for a blower down the road. Coyotes can easily push 600 RWHP with a blower and be pretty damn reliable.

greasy

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jun 25, 2007

tracy-morgan-hell-no-o.gif

greasy

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jun 25, 2007
Nothing really set in stone. Just make it quick. He's willing to do heads and cam (if the return on the $$ is worth it). If he goes that route are PI heads good enough or is the extra $$ worth something like the trickflows?

It already has a different read end gear in it.

Making it "quick" is a relative term. In today's performance realm, 300 RWHP is nothing. Shit my car makes closer to 500 at the wheels and I feel like it is on the slower end of cars in the performance world.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info