3800 98+ blower on 97

rjaz gtp

TCG Elite Member
Feb 10, 2008
Naperville
Mike-

I actually bought this so called "conversion kit" for a 98+ blower to fit on a 97 car. I have yet to install it, but the whole kit consist of just hard vaccum line and a couple different rubber inlets to plug into. I am assuming all it does is take the two or three extra vaccum lines the 97's have and adapts them to the 98 style. Here is the part number I bought, but like I said I have yet to put on my 98+ blower. Once I do I will let you know how it goes...

GM Part Number: 24508742

-Rich

nitrous

Regular
Mar 9, 2008
Racine, WI
You don't have to buy a "kit" do to put a 98+ blower on a 97. I had a Stage 4 Blower 98+ on my 97.

All you do it "T" the line that would be into the side of the SC into the FP Regulator and run that line around the LIM.

If you need more details LMK, I may even have a JPG of the vacuum routing.

TB to top of SC
line by firewall to top of SC
MAP to LIM -"T"- LIM to FPR -"T"- to SC
Brake booster is the same

HTH

rjaz gtp

TCG Elite Member
Feb 10, 2008
Naperville
Mike-

Let me see if I can take a picture of that "kit" thing I bought and that way it can give you a better idea of what it looks like. I am going to be installing my blower this coming week and will have to figure out how to hook it up as well. I will swing by the garage tonight and see if I can take a shot of it for you ok.

-Rich

CoolGTX

let sleeping dogs lie
Nov 17, 2008
Hotel 4 Dogs
Real Name
J/O
2 T's, one for the manifold under the snout, and one T on the Fuel Pressure Risor

it goes...boost bypass, to fuel pressure risor(T goes here), then goes to the manifold under the snout(T goes here), then all the way to the maf sensor(the fitting on the sensor is a 90, and on the under side of it). there you have it.

rjaz gtp

TCG Elite Member
Feb 10, 2008
Naperville
Here are some pics of that kit thing I got, could have gotten away with just using regular vaccuum line and t's...

powderparts001.jpg

powderparts002.jpg

CoolGTX

let sleeping dogs lie
Nov 17, 2008
Hotel 4 Dogs
Real Name
J/O
how much was it?, and can you type out the number to order, and how much. Id much rather have the good gm stuff, compared to the stuff that comes with the PRJ kit anyways. after cruising around after install, I found the hose to be soft, and you know those originals dont never get soft like that. Ive found 2 cracks in my tubing already, and have them patched (spliced).

TIA

J/O

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

• I
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list