🔧 BUILD 97 GTR V-Spec acquired

General Information

Picked this thing up a while back. Just got it all squared away and registered. Here are the essentials. Wasn't sure if I wanted to make it public, but figured wtf not.

97 Skyline GTR Vspec
69k miles
s3 model(last revision to the r33)
Original rb26dett
Catback exhaust/HKS Mushroom filters
Oil filter relocation
HKS Coilovers
Wheels
Non OEM Radio

Otherwise car is stock. Butt dyno says right around 300ish horsepowers. Plan is simple, clean it up a bit properly, put an equal length downpipe on it, delete the cat and enjoy. At some point I may end up getting adjustable control arms so I can get the alignment back into spec. Its got some stretched rubber on it, I may in the future swap the tires for something with a bit more meat, but for now its just going to get driven in the rotation. The looks of the car really grow on you. Also big thanks to @willizm for his help with getting me straightened out on the importing process.

As it sits in stockish form, I have an idea as to why the rb has a cult following. The 6 throttle bodies make themselves apparent as you rev it out to the 8000 rpm factory redline. It has a pronounced induction noise like vtec/ITB's, but its also turbocharged. The motor has character. Its only .4 liters larger than an s2k(ap2) motor and has s2k/gt350 vibes the way it revs to redline. It really only starts to move after 4k rpms(1st gear), its laggy for a stock car but has a peaky powerband. Once you're past 4k rpms then its happy to oblige.

I'll eventually get you guys some sound clips after the DP/cat delete. Will upload more pics later

gt.jpeg

soop.jpeg

NOMIEZVR4

TCG Elite Member
May 6, 2014
Chicago
Bought this custom vanity plate. I need to bend the bracket so the plate sits properly straight flush. Had to also buy jpy to USD plate adapters as the holes don't line up.

Front plates aren't a thing but Gran Turismo ruined me cause every car had vanity plates and I think they look so cool ? especially when the cars would be rotating on the vehicle select screen

IMG-20230429-WA0003.jpg

NOMIEZVR4

TCG Elite Member
May 6, 2014
Chicago
yanked off the OEM cat and installed a resonator in place. Surprisingly the bolts for the cat screwed right off...that was a bit of a surprise. The exhaust system was drony on the highway and just sounded meh. This helped a bit with the drone. I think next I may get a proper downpipe then decide after that if im going to get a 2nd resonator or keep it as is. APEXi bov also installed. Sounds decent.

1684864343005.png

1684864362960.png

Thread Info