• Hi Guest, welcome to TCG 2.0. Please refer to the FAQ in User Support before you do anything else. It will make the transition MUCH easier.

IF YOU ARE SEEING AN "OOPS" ERROR PAGE, IT IS LIKELY BECAUSE YOUR BROWSER HAS NOT UPDATED YOUR CACHE. YOU CAN EITHER CLICK FORUMS AT THE TOP LEFT OR VISIT THECHICAGOGARAGE.COM AND BOOKMARK THAT. - Love, Mook

97 airfilter?

Aircal

Reaction score
Is the 97 air filter smaller than the others? I tried to install my new (to me :D ) K&N drop in filter today and it is way to big. By like a 1/2 or 1/4 inch all the way around?

syP

Not Banned
Reaction score
They must be... because all the CAI i read about say that they work only for 98-03 or sumthing like that.. NOt sure though

Fish

From the mean streets....
Reaction score
I believe that there is a difference. The air boxs' changed in 99, and that kinda changed the size.

mybluegtp

Reaction score
Damn sorry to hear that Tom didnt even realize that it could of been a differen size.. Well at least you didnt pay for it.. ;)

Aircal

Reaction score
Originally posted by mybluegtp@Nov 20 2003, 02:56 PM
Damn sorry to hear that Tom didnt even realize that it could of been a differen size.. Well at least you didnt pay for it.. ;)
Very true.

PS: For sale One K&N Drop In filter, for 98's+
Only $40.00, Hardly used....

lol j/k :lol:

I

imported_Ron Vogel

I've got an extra 99+ airbox if you want it - $15.00. I don't have the f-duct for it though. It has been gutted and insulated against heat. Actually looks like something you'd see on a lunar lander. I was going to save it for demodding at a later time, but screw that!

dole21

Reaction score
I know for sure 98's and 99's are different.

When I bought my car(99), my stock airbox had a K&N in it from the previous owner. I did a FWI and took it all out.

Then my buddy bought a 98 and I was gonna give him my K&N from the airbox and it was a different size.

just FYI

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom