96 S-10, Cheap.

Bought it for my new job, Got a MUCH better offer at the last second for an office job doing help desk... I have no need for this now as I'm suddenly looking up train schedules :roflpicard:..........

I paid $1200 for it, so $1200. Its listed at $1500 obo on every other forum.

1996 Chevrolet S-10, Red reg cab, std bed.

Black interior in decent shape *Aftermarket CD player, everything works as it should, tear on the bottom of the driver side cushion, but could be repaired with some thread honestly*

Exterior is in OK shape, Has a small rust hole on the driver side lower cab corner, and some bubbling starting up on the driver side rear bed right above the wheel lip. If cosmetics are an issue, the bubbling could easily be fixed, the hole is well... a small hole *maybe 3 inches by 3 inches*, and could be cut out and welded or w/e, Its a basic truck.

4 cylinder, automatic, 114k on it, elderly owned *used to bring the dogs to the park here in warrenville*

When I got it, it had a CEL and a random miss, Seafoamed it, Tossed a bottle of injector cleaner in the tank and filled it, and changed the oil with Mobil1 Conventional and a quart of Lucas oil. CEL went away, runs like a fucking champ. only thing that really is left that 'bothers' me, is it has a bit of tick from the top of the motor at idle when warm, I'm not familiar with this motor, but I'd imagine it is due for some form of adjustment as there is no record of any kind of mechanical adjustments, just lots of other maintenance.

Tires are older, but have plenty of tread, Truck is on American Racing knock-off's *Black, with the red/blue pinstripes around the edge*.

Now for the good:

Frame is solid, has typical mid-west surface rust, but no rot, no holes, nada.
I'd eat off the motor bay, It's had a TON of work done to it recently (Past 2 years, its documented as well) *Coil pack, Plugs, Wires, O2's, brake master Cylinder, battery is brand new, and a bunch of other nick-nacks* it looks like they were chasing the miss for a while.
Trans shifts perfect, motor runs good.

As I said, I just got it, I've already put money into it changing the oil, Seafoam, etc, but It is what it is. If anyone is looking for a basic little beater truck for lawn care, or just hauling crap around with, this would be a perfect fit.

PM me if you're interested.

photo1-1.jpg

db3b3a20.jpg

9e66fe1d.jpg

2b50d789.jpg

997f0eb2.jpg

f70d1940.jpg

39bd4534.jpg

0cebf342.jpg

:jg:

Last edited:

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
a week, really? a week man?

Trust me, I'm quite unhappy about it as I'm loosing money on it... Bought it since I was starting with ACT on monday... Last second got an interview for something more 'up my alley', and got a job working down town.

*edit* Title is signed, but I am having the person I bought it from *Neighbor* fill out a corrected title form for the new buyer... I have a bill of sale from when I bought it to prove to anyone that I'm not fucking around about what I paid for it :(...

Thread Info