• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

'96 Blazer Heater Core Replacement

greasy

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jun 25, 2007
I am going to be doing this within the next week so I can have heat in my winter beater this year. Has anyone ever done this and have any tips? From what I am reading the whole dash needs to come out to replace a $40 heater core F.M.L. I guess the heater cores going was a common problem because of that Dexcool garbage. Would it be wise to do a full coolant system flush before swapping out the clogged unit?

HILROD

TCG Elite Member
Oct 22, 2007
ELGIN
The ones up to '97 are harder. '98 up are easier. The later ones only have like 6 or 8 bolts holding it, and all the wiring unplugs easily. At least after the column is dropped down. After the bolts are out it pivots down on these pins near the lower dash at the door openings and unplugs. Bolts are on the two lower sides, up near the windshield one under in the middle, and near the column.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info