'95 Civic and some other Car Parts+a turbo

Hey guys figured I'd see if anyone here would be interested in this Civic I got sitting around for parts racing or possibly to somehow get a title to. Its a 1995 Civic EX Black without a title in my name. (long story short bought it signed title didn't get to the DMV before I lost it). Odometer says 93k IIRC but actual mileage is higher seeing as my buddy told me a carfax he looked at for it said it was 143,100 on 05/11/2009. Overall cars pretty clean but has dents and has some cancer at rear wheelwells and the lip of the hood. Hoodlatch needs to be reset (not sure where to push to reset it) so the hood is always just on the safety latch. Power locks need a new fuse I was told (haven't found the fusebox for it yet but haven't really looked that hard). Has moonroof. New radiator and newer if not brand new exhaust too (not sure how much of it). Car has older looking aftermarket head unit and has aftermarket speakers and is wired for subs. Tires are almost bald but still usable for a little while. Asking $900 obo just please be reasonable. And I'm open to trade offers like a rusty but trusty plow truck possibly with a little cash on my end or a possibly a car dolly with a little on your end or possibly even trade depending on condition or just let me know what you got. I'm not a big import guy at all and don't have time to deal with this title BS

Next on the list is a few car parts I got sitting around I want to get rid of. Everythings OBO and trades will be considered (I especially enjoy antique car parts and may take them on full or partial trade)

-A grey 5 point RCi racing harness brand new with a free 2 year renewal card. $75. Used it to mock up in my Mustang then got the one I wanted (was on BO). I can find the exact date on the harness for anyone interested

-2 stock steelies from a fox body Mustang (4 lug) with tires on them (not sure the condition) $25

-I have a used large black plastic fuel cell. Doesn't have foam in it. Doesn't have a sump on it and the fuel lines go to the top of it. Has a sending unit in it but not sure if its good or not. Cap is not a flush mount and is a steel cap. Prefer local pickup on this one too because its also kind of big and I'm not sure shipping companys would be happy me trying to ship something that might smell like gas. Don't know how many gallons it is but its approximately 18in wide 18.5in long and 12in tall $55

-1 Brand new coolant overflow tank chrome really skinny that came with a flexilite radiator but I already had a overflow tank $25 (comes with hose and hose clamps and mounting hardware)

And last but not least at all for those of you who enjoy FI a large turbo. Don't know much about it but I looked up the P/N on it and it looks like its from an Navistar diesel from an and I only found 1 place selling rebuilt ones for a little under $1100. The one I have was rebuilt and had 3 passes on it before the guy blew up his engine. Has no shaft play or anything and the wastegate is currently setup for 25psi so be careful with this. Part Number is GTA3782 $400

Below is the link to the site selling them rebuilt

Rebuilt Turbochargers : Remanufactured Garrett Turbo GTA3782 (Navistar DT466E/I530E)

Remember its all OBO so just make offers and I'm open to trades

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
Junkyard wouldn't touch that thing without a title OR a POA.

Bald tires, needs a hood latch, and unknown miles... A dirt track car asking price would be much closer to my offer than your ask :-(.

$100 if you change your mind, you are best off parting it out if you want more than that out of it honestly with a dubious history and no title.

ajdereicup

Measly little 4.6 2v in a boat
Oct 30, 2012
Lombard
Some of the junkyards will but they won't pay as much as with a title. I put it up on craigslist for $1k and had offers of $400-$500 from the dirt track guys but turned them down because I was hoping to get a little more out of it so its not as bad of a hit on me. I paid $1900 for it. I'm eventually going to have to just accept it and take the massive hit but I'm just hoping theres someone out there that knows someone in the DMV:(

My buddy told me to buy the dash/vin plate off another one along with the title when someones junking one and swap it and most people wouldn't notice seeing as both titles were legally bought but I'd rather not risk getting in deep shit dealing with that stuff because thats either borderline illegal or completely illegal.

And I was really thinking of parting it out but its sitting behind my work and don't think they'd be very happy with me parting out a car there:(

Smokinhot

3-man rules!!!!
Jul 4, 2007
Lansing, IL
Real Name
IM me if you wanna know more ;)
Some of the junkyards will but they won't pay as much as with a title. I put it up on craigslist for $1k and had offers of $400-$500 from the dirt track guys but turned them down because I was hoping to get a little more out of it so its not as bad of a hit on me. I paid $1900 for it. I'm eventually going to have to just accept it and take the massive hit but I'm just hoping theres someone out there that knows someone in the DMV:(

My buddy told me to buy the dash/vin plate off another one along with the title when someones junking one and swap it and most people wouldn't notice seeing as both titles were legally bought but I'd rather not risk getting in deep shit dealing with that stuff because thats either borderline illegal or completely illegal.

And I was really thinking of parting it out but its sitting behind my work and don't think they'd be very happy with me parting out a car there:(

Swapping vin's is HIGHLY illegal...

ajdereicup

Measly little 4.6 2v in a boat
Oct 30, 2012
Lombard
Lol because its kind of tricky to answer that one. Yes and no. I have the "info" the people gave me about themselves. I also found a receipt in the car from them not sure if the card is fake or not. But they weren't on the cars title. They were repo guys and flipping a LOT of cars. They were using the civic as a recon vehicle so they just threw their repo plates on it so they didn't have to change the title to their name or insure it. So like I said I KINDA know but not really. I tryed asking the DMV for the previous owners info but they didn't help at all otherwise I would've hunted them down a while ago and got the title. Its just a massive clusterfuck but now that I've found some headers I want I'm really trying to get rid of this headache and get the money for them

Thread Info