3800 94.7 The..

Mike K

TCG Elite Member
Apr 11, 2008
Originally posted by jk99gtp@Sep 26 2005, 06:35 PM
While it sucks that we have no true Chicago rock station anymore (Hopefully Q101 will take it's place now), it was probably a good move that they went to the oldies format anyways, because..

1) There were no oldies format on the FM dial since 104.3FM went to JackMeOff FM. So this means good ratings, which means advertising $$$...

2) 94.7TheZone was still getting pretty crappy ratings even with their active rock format...

But man, I gotta say. Can anyone count how many times 94.7 has flipped formats in the past 15 years (I can think of the old Z-95, 70's station, country, active rock, talk)? Sheesh, I think they've pretty much covered every friggin format that radio could offer....
[snapback]98984[/snapback]​
Heck, even the Zone flipped formats... When they first came out they were more soft alternative. They brought O.A.R. to town and anyone that knows O.A.R. knows they're not "hardcore" rock. Then a year later they're playing nothing but "new" hard rock.

Q101 just plain sucks now with shuffle. They won't be around too much longer if that's the crap they're going to keep playing. Thank goodness for I Tunes.

bigsammoe

TCG Elite Member
May 25, 2007
Gurnee
bah i was waiting to get a after market cd deck so i can use my ipod but now its gonna happen before Xmas! q101 does blow they dont play any thing good just fall out boy and other pop shit!

we need a good rated rock station!

but if you did listen to mancow this moring he warrned every one that 947 was gone!

frosty23_45

Broke Dodge owner
Feb 12, 2008
Coal City, IL
Yea I took the day off and was in Best Buy and came back out and started down the road and the kid was making some noise so I couldn't hear the radio too good, but then when the second oldies song started it started to sink in. This really pisses me off, cause it was the only station around where I usually work that played the good new hard rock. It really sucks cause my work van has only a good ol' AM-FM radio thats IT!

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
Originally posted by dsk727@Sep 26 2005, 02:09 PM
Q101 is better anyway... minus Mancow! LOL :lol: but I lilked having two rock/alternative stations to choose from!
[snapback]98946[/snapback]​

:lolsign: :lolsign:

Move to canadia now ehh. Ohh wait, you are. :p

Basically revearse what you said, and thats how it is. I listen to queer101 on my way home from work when cow is on. Sometimes I even switch to my CD. After that, I never turned that crappy radio station on.

Guess I need to put all my MP3s on a couple of disks now.

Kyle

TCG Elite Member
Dec 30, 2008
Downers Grove
Originally posted by bigsammoe@Sep 26 2005, 09:08 PM
fall out boy was good when they were just chicago bands and not no pop band!
[snapback]99008[/snapback]​

i saw fall out boy get booed at a church in naperville with rise against llike 4 years ago.

i hate that band their shitty music annoys the shit outta me, I would like to beat them up.

staceyyearsich

TCG Elite Member
Nov 10, 2008
Crete
Originally posted by 2000gpgt@Sep 26 2005, 06:15 PM
I was so pissed when i heard oldies instead of midday metallica. I was like WTF is this horse ****, and i kept pressing the preset button like it was magicaly going to play rock music again. I listened to that station all day at work, and now it is gone :(
[snapback]98980[/snapback]​

DID SOMEBODY SAY HORSE????? :lolsign:

dsk727

TCG Elite Member
Nov 9, 2008
Minneapolis MN
Originally posted by Fish+Sep 26 2005, 11:01 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-dsk727
@Sep 26 2005, 02:09 PM
Q101 is better anyway... minus Mancow! LOL :lol: but I lilked having two rock/alternative stations to choose from!

:lolsign: :lolsign:

Move to canadia now ehh. Ohh wait, you are. :p

Basically revearse what you said, and thats how it is. I listen to queer101 on my way home from work when cow is on. Sometimes I even switch to my CD. After that, I never turned that crappy radio station on.

Guess I need to put all my MP3s on a couple of disks now.
[snapback]99024[/snapback]​
[/b]
well everyone is entitled to their own opinion, I hate mancow and I like the shuffle format. But I listen to cd's way more then the radio lately anyway.
and for the last time I am moving to Minnesota not Canada dorks... you fuckers need to look at a map. Or didn't they teach you geography in school?? :lol:

I

imported_PaceCarBoozer

Originally posted by Ron Vogel+Sep 26 2005, 03:24 PM-->
Originally posted by dsk727@Sep 26 2005, 02:41 PM
Originally posted by Ron Vogel@Sep 26 2005, 02:16 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-dsk727
@Sep 26 2005, 02:09 PM

If you can recieve it out by you, WONC 89.1 is pretty good (North Central college).
[snapback]98948[/snapback]​

Oops yeah I forgot about that station!! :D I listen to that while I am around my area, once I get to work (Bedford Park) it cuts out :(
[snapback]98955[/snapback]​
Yeah, it's usually pretty good. It's "DJ" dependant. Some times they play all punk/ska/pop, but most of the time it's a decent mix. They used to have an awesome DJ that sounded like he was drunk...that guy rocked.

It seems Chicago FM radio comes and goes. The only station with an even keel is XRT, but they tend to play the same old alt fluff over and over...
[snapback]98963[/snapback]​
[/b]

I think I know who you are talking about, I used to listen to them late and listen to them flicking bottle caps at each other and shit like that, it was pretty funny.
Also, on the other topic, most of the time, the people that work for the station arent even told about a changing format. My roomates sister does promotions for 104.3, which is now Jack FM. She said that they called a meeting about it at 3pm and changed format at 3:30pm. Aparently, Dick Biandi flipped out and told them to go fuck themselves. I'll just stick to listening to my CD's.
CJ

beyerch

Addict
Jan 20, 2009
Exact same issue as slp2000.

got in the car to go home and heard oldies, thought I must have bumped the channel. Checked the display 94.7 ... was a major W-T-f as it was some old ******y 70's song......

Thought maybe the radio was malfunctioning so switched to a different channel and came back, still the same faggy 70's song.

went ot another channel for 5 minutes and went back, new ******y 70's song...

F-U-C-K

:(

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info