• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

900hp Turbo Ford Lightning

I'm a newb to this forum but as car crazy as they come. So, I figured I'd share my latest endeavor with the rest you blue oval fans.

Back in April, one of my good friends and I traded vehicles. He was sick of wrenching on his and I was bored with mine so, we made the swap. I gave him my 2005 E55 and in return, I acquired his 2003 Lightning.

My car has 71k miles and just about every available bolt-on imaginable. It made just over 500rwhp and is an absolute beast from a roll but not so much from a dig. . . :)

His Lightning just had a new 4 valve, 5.4 liter motor installed and only has 800 miles. The new set-up features an 80mm Turbo and a supporting mod list a mile long. It does need some finishing touches before it's ready to be driven balls out. I just had a built 4R100 transmission installed to handle all the new power. Hopefully, in the next month or so, I'll have this thing dialed in and ready to tear up the street/strip.

Thanks for all the kind words !!

An odd trade but that SVT sounds sick. Look forward to seeing more.

Trust me, I've heard that before. The MBZ guys think I'm nuts and his Lightning friends think he's insane. So, it just depends on what camp you come from. We both felt it was an even trade so, no worries.

:bowdown: two of my favorites.
I'm constantly missing my old lightning; i had a lot of fun with that truck. Did you ever drag race the E55? It seems like they are pretty capable with just a pulley/tune and a set of drag radials.

I ran it down in Bradenton, FL a few times. 12.0@122 I never cracked into the 11's bc I was always on street tires and had a $h!tty 60'

Bad ass truck! Wish I kept my white lightning.

Is this Chris ? If so, I'm JJ, Leif DuPre's bro-in-law. I saw your ride on Saturday and heard you were haulin' some ass.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info