8s Coyote ALL MOTOR

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn
people seriously toss around the term "small block" with coyote-esque ford motors, really? this is a thing?

:rofl:

I think he means small block as in small cubic inches. Unlike an LSX "Small block" that is like 454 inches.

600hp from a 315(ish) inch motor is impressive. Be it a Ford, Mopar, or Chevy. I doubt you will see too many 600 hp motors under 320". Sure they are out there, but they are not the norm.

When you are around 2 horsepower per cubic inch, it is pretty impressive no matter the engine.

Kensington

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 14, 2017
people seriously toss around the term "small block" with coyote-esque ford motors, really? this is a thing?

:rofl:

I mean, the block itself is small. It's the heads that are gigantic :rofl: I'd be willing to bet the dimensions for the block alone is very similar to SBF's (can't find any information about block size readily)

I would use the term mod motor before small block though, as it's an evolution of the mod motor.

Rent Free

TCG Elite Member
Jan 26, 2015
Nowheresville North Dakota
I mean, the block itself is small. It's the heads that are gigantic :rofl: I'd be willing to bet the dimensions for the block alone is very similar to SBF's (can't find any information about block size readily)

I would use the term mod motor before small block though, as it's an evolution of the mod motor.

Exactly ModMotor This isnt no 1 cam wonder :bowrofl:

Typically small block IMO is more OHV engines too.

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn
i hate this thread

k

So same goes for the old 4V 5.4s?

That is part of the mod motor family that the coyote has evolved from. But that whole line started as the small displacement 4.6L engines.

Did you know the 6.8L V10 is part of the same mod motor family? The bore spacing, bore diameter, and stroke is the same as the 5.4. True story.

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
MV5BMTcwMDM5ODUwOF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTYwMzEwOTI4._V1_UY317_CR13,0,214,317_AL_.jpg

you know, this guy

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info