83 Regal.......G Body Shuffle!

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
LS swap has begun!!! Guy that built motor made me an offer I couldnt refuse to do the swap. He has done his fair share of swaps (first time doing a G Body) and seems to know his shit. He has a 68 Camaro LS swapped w/turbo that is his personal toy. I kept going back and forth on doing it myself with buddies in my garage or letting a shop handle it. For what he is charging me just for the swap makes it a no brainer. Yes I know doing it myself would have been more respected (built not bought). But I'm at a point in my life where I can afford to have it done right the first time and thats what I'm doing. I dont want to half ass it with my buddies and then have to worry about shit fucking up all the time. Also only being able to work on it pretty much on the weekend would take forever. Then relying on people to show up to give me a hand when needed. I've turned wrenches on my Regal and every car I have ever owned and will continue to do so. But this is probably for the best imo.

The Beast

TCG Elite Member
May 24, 2004
South beach
Real Name
Go Go
LS swap has begun!!! Guy that built motor made me an offer I couldnt refuse to do the swap. He has done his fair share of swaps (first time doing a G Body) and seems to know his shit. He has a 68 Camaro LS swapped w/turbo that is his personal toy. I kept going back and forth on doing it myself with buddies in my garage or letting a shop handle it. For what he is charging me just for the swap makes it a no brainer. Yes I know doing it myself would have been more respected (built not bought). But I'm at a point in my life where I can afford to have it done right the first time and thats what I'm doing. I dont want to half ass it with my buddies and then have to worry about shit fucking up all the time. Also only being able to work on it pretty much on the weekend would take forever. Then relying on people to show up to give me a hand when needed. I've turned wrenches on my Regal and every car I have ever owned and will continue to do so. But this is probably for the best imo.

Good move time with the your family is more important.

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
Progress pics
Sniper TB on a TBSS intake mani
Doing TB by cable
Brand new gas tank with a 455lph pump

3823A097-B5DB-49ED-B5ED-41B14CC315C1.jpeg

0FBA4B39-4F7E-4AAD-AA1F-8EDAD45D0166.jpeg

2397148C-763C-4F6C-8551-CB913DD1E377.jpeg

CE291232-49F8-4137-BC35-DFC0189597F0.jpeg

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
Damn that’s going quick. That 455 pump is going to blow out that vette filter/regulator. I’d keep an eye on it.
Just brought it to the attention of my engine guy. He said he forgot I wanted to upgrade to the 400lph and only did the 255lph.
I wanted to upgrade to avoid having to swap to a bigger pump when I boost it next year. But he said that Holley gas tank makes it an easy plug and play swap.

Great White Drake

You used to call me on my cell phone
Jun 23, 2010
Just brought it to the attention of my engine guy. He said he forgot I wanted to upgrade to the 400lph and only did the 255lph.
I wanted to upgrade to avoid having to swap to a bigger pump when I boost it next year. But he said that Holley gas tank makes it an easy plug and play swap.
I’m running the vette filter/reg with a 255 no issues. That’s the biggest pump I’d run with that thing. The pumps literally swap and drop in so he’s definitely right. Is this your first LS swap car? Curious your thoughts on it when it’s done. I love mine lol.

Reactions: Shawn1112

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
I’m running the vette filter/reg with a 255 no issues. That’s the biggest pump I’d run with that thing. The pumps literally swap and drop in so he’s definitely right. Is this your first LS swap car? Curious your thoughts on it when it’s done. I love mine lol.
Awesome and yes its my 1st LS swap. I'm sure I'll be as happy with it as you are. I'm sure when I'm wrenching on it, I'll get to know my way around it and if ever done again I'll do the swap myself. If I wind up going the supercharger route, I'll do that install myself. Did it on my 08 Jeep SRT and wasnt that bad.

Thread Info