83 Regal.......G Body Shuffle!

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
Shits about to get real tonight. I'm going to start getting the 383 ready to be pulled out of the car tomorrow.
Probably drain fluids (trans/radiator), remove radiator, driveshaft, hoses and start disconnecting electrical. Figure it will be easier to pull motor and trans together. Will separate the 2 after I pull it out tomorrow.
Picking up 6.0 either early Saturday or Sunday depending how everything goes tomorrow. Hoping to drop that off at the engine builder on Monday. Hoping my guy can squeeze me in for paint while the motor is out.

FESTER665

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 13, 2008
Streamwood
Shits about to get real tonight. I'm going to start getting the 383 ready to be pulled out of the car tomorrow.
Probably drain fluids (trans/radiator), remove radiator, driveshaft, hoses and start disconnecting electrical. Figure it will be easier to pull motor and trans together. Will separate the 2 after I pull it out tomorrow.
Picking up 6.0 either early Saturday or Sunday depending how everything goes tomorrow. Hoping to drop that off at the engine builder on Monday. Hoping my guy can squeeze me in for paint while the motor is out.

giphy.gif

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
@shawn112 are you going to re-do under the hood and paint it the same color as the car?
I really want to but some fucking idiot sprayed undercoating on the firewall and inner wheel well liners (plastic).
But those inner wheel well liners are like $350 each, no fucking way I'm dropping $700 on 2 pieces of plastic.
I pulled the HVAC controls and plan on pulling all that shit out from the engine bay as well. So I might just spray it all black.
Wont look the best but will look better imo.

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
Small update. Trans dropped off today to Carl @ Redline for a freshen up. Wasnt anything wrong with the trans when I pulled the motor, but rather play it safe than sorry not knowing the history of it. Motor is being re-assembled this week, think he is waiting on the heads to come back.
75% of the swap parts are ordered and rcvd, few things on back order. Also went to my little hood spot in the city to have them build me a 250 amp alternator. Fuck ordering that shit online and paying those prices.

Biggest thing that has me very excited. While in Green Bay my buddy who owns a small body shop on the North side was with us. He was supposed to paint my Regal originally but he took on 2 projects that took longer than expected last year. Me being in a rush, didnt want to wait and wound up with a shitty paint job. So while we were drinking in GB, I gave him the guilt trip, "you been my guy for 25yrs, you let me go get a fucked up paint job cause you didnt have room for me blah blah blah".
He called me last night and said to bring it in the day before I leave for Mexico. Told him I didnt have the funds yet if we could hold off for 4-6 weeks. He said just pay for the material up front and whenever I have the money to pay him the rest he was fine with it. So its going to get sprayed what I originally wanted, a dark metallic charcoal grey with a red pinstripe. Not expecting a $10k quality show car job, but something of cruising quality.

Last edited:

Thread Info