83 Regal.......G Body Shuffle!

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
You can get a little more height by running Malibu Station wagon springs up front. They are a little stiffer than stock.

Thanks man, springs are brand new. Suspension shop that did all the work can figure it out and fix it as far as I’m concerned. I paid them to do what they are known for. I’m sure it’s something simple that they need to do.

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
Just an update. Car has been back at the suspension shop for about 2 weeks now. Rear rubbing issue is fixed, needed a little shaving in rear wheel well. Did some minor shaving up front as well. He said unless I go higher in the front or do coilovers anytime I bottom out the front will rub. Wont fuck up the tires but basically just the nature of the beast. So I decided on coilovers. He ordered them and just waiting to get them in. Once that is done its going straight to the shop for wet sand and buff. I was thinking of doing it myself, but had a body shop that is a friend of a friend say they will do it for $150. Cant fucking beat that.

Also started ordering odds and ends for the music. Extra battery, amp jacks, inline fuse and power distributor all ordered and rcvd. Buddy of mine is going to supply all the 0 gauge, 4 gauge, speaker wire, terminals and misc from the shop he works at. I have a nice chrome alternator that matches all the accessories under the hood. So instead of buying a beefed up non chrome alternator, the shop said they can beef mine up to 250 amps. Will probably build the battery box and amp rack at work next week. Still dont have any subs. Twice I have found some at a killer deal and both times I knew I should have bought them. But my stupid ass tried talking them down even lower and both times the subs sold within 2 hours. I'm still kicking myself in the ass over that. So when the car does get back home my buddy and I can wire up the whole system in a day. Since my Pioneer AVIC 8400 never sold, I will modify the dash to fit a double din as well. Or just build a center console to house the double din.

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
Pic of battery. Thing feels like its 100lbs, but I believe I read it's only like 70lbs
1559827733466.jpg

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
Fucking idiot ordered coilovers for a V6....smfh. So now have to wait for the correct coilovers to show up from Cali.

Other news, just scored on some front buckets seats. Saw them posted on Offerup for $195, guy was in Elgin. I got to his house within 45 min of him posting. Showed me his phone, over 25 messages for the seats in under 1 hour, lol.
Didnt even try to get him lower as he had people offering him more. I see the seat tracks selling for $250 online. So $195 for the seats were s steal imo.

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
Well got the Regal back from suspension shop. Rubbing up front fixed with coilovers, got a minor rub on rear passenger side at 80mph on a nice size dip in the road. But other than that it felt pretty good. But not entirely happy, the suspension shop are fucking hacks imo. So they had to shave the rear wheel well a bit, but never thought of smoothing it out. Took me literally 5 min per wheel well to smooth out with a file. Rims had grease prints all over them. Crawling around under the car yesterday and talking to a few people with more experience than me on the tucked/squat look. There is no fucking way at all they are going to be able to achieve that without doing a mini tub. They said, after I do the sounds in the trunk to bring the car back and they will lower the rear to squat it.

What pisses me off the MOST, besides the fact I have known these dudes since we were kids. When I sat down with them to discuss what I wanted they talked about a mini tub if I went with a deeper lip on the rears. But if I stuck with a 10" wide it would be needed. I specifically asked him if he was 100% sure of that. Because if I was going to spend the extra money on a mini tub, then I might as well spend the extra on a wider rear wheel. He assured me a mini tub wouldnt be needed. As I said above, I dont see anyway in hell they are going to be able to do that without the mini tub. Probably best if I just wash my hands of these fucks before I do something stupid. Had a $10k offer yesterday at my buddies tire shop in Elgin. Almost said fuck it, take it because of how pissed I am, lol.

So I'm supposed to drop it off to get wet sanded/buffed this week, possibly tonight.
Probably do the LED tails Saturday, and if they dont take that long. Will see if I can get my double din installed, 3.5's in the dash, 6x9's in rear deck and start running wire/jacks to the trunk.

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
Installed 90% of my sounds yesterday. Didnt have my grinder to cut holes for 3rd and 4th 6x9's in rear deck. So still have to do that. Still have to mount double din, probably putting it where the ash tray is. Then over the winter I will modify the dash to mount it there. The shit is stupid fucking loud, trunk sounds like it's going to fall off, lol. Still have to wrap the box as well and will be ordering navy blue trunk carpet. I have brand new navy blue carpet for interior coming tomorrow. Also started wiring up the LED sequential tails, didnt finish that.

2-JL12W6 subs
4-Alpine type R 6x9
2- JL 3.5 in dash
2- JL 6.5 up front (still gotta figure out where I'm putting them up front)
JL 1200/1 amp for subd
JL 600/4 for interior speakers

20190713_111703.jpeg20190713_113430.jpeg20190713_112332.jpeg20190713_143341.jpeg20190713_162444.jpeg20190714_005438.jpeg

Spivitz

The Throttle is ur friend
TCG Premium
Oct 5, 2012
Installed 90% of my sounds yesterday. Didnt have my grinder to cut holes for 3rd and 4th 6x9's in rear deck. So still have to do that. Still have to mount double din, probably putting it where the ash tray is. Then over the winter I will modify the dash to mount it there. The shit is stupid fucking loud, trunk sounds like it's going to fall off, lol. Still have to wrap the box as well and will be ordering navy blue trunk carpet. I have brand new navy blue carpet for interior coming tomorrow. Also started wiring up the LED sequential tails, didnt finish that.

2-JL12W6 subs
4-Alpine type R 6x9
2- JL 3.5 in dash
2- JL 6.5 up front (still gotta figure out where I'm putting them up front)
JL 1200/1 amp for subd
JL 600/4 for interior speakers

View attachment 41078View attachment 41079View attachment 41080View attachment 41081View attachment 41082View attachment 41083

Man, I really want to go for a ride now... We can cruise banging bass feeling like we're 17 again

https://youtu.be/9EcjWd-O4jI

:trump:

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
So is that you driving up and down Bartlett shaking my house?

Not yet, but I will lol.
No taillights so undriveable at the moment

Speaking of the tails, I got them working correctly. Have to pick up some wire tomorrow and wire it up correctly. Have them ghetto wired right now just to make sure everything worked. The way the directions state to wire them up was insanely fucking stupid imo. So I wired up the way that made it easy, but they don’t include enough wire to do it my way.

Thread Info