83 Regal.......G Body Shuffle!

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
Suspension shop called me Friday and told me the rear rims wouldnt fit. I totally forgot I have a GN rear end and too be honest I didnt think there was a difference for the rims. Apparently the hub is slightly bigger. 100% my fault and rims couldnt be returned as they were already mounted and even if they could have it would have been a 6 week wait for new rear rims. So the suspension shop knows someone local that can drill out the center bore on the rims and its $75 each. So probably set me back another week I'm guessing. NFG as the weather has been shit anyway, lol.

Also while in there (suspension shop) last week we were BS'ing and Sergio asked if I had any intentions of putting subs in the trunk. I told him, yeah eventually as I have a couple of amps and other misc shit already just waiting to find a deal on some subs. We are figuring with subs and at least 2 extra batteries and all the other shit it will be 500-700lbs. So he is going to set the rear end level or with just a slight squat to compensate for the additional weight. He said if he squats it the way I want it now and then I add the additional weight its probably going to rub in the rear. So setting at near level, then adding the additional weight will give it the squat/stance I want.

I also passed up on a $11k offer for the car last week. Sergio called me and said a customer that had a 75 Caprice in the shop saw my Regal and wanted to buy it. Told him make me an offer and he said $11k. I countered at $15k, he didnt want to do it for $15k. In all honesty I was hoping he came back at $13k and he could have had it. Would have went and found a used Trackhawk had he came up to $13k.

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
Here she is, I still gotta put the front end back on her. Dirty as shit right now. Again, not everyone's cup of tea. But I'm super happy with how it came out. Did have some minor rubbing on the highway at highway speeds. Will need to go back and have that issue addressed.

1558129597070.jpg

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
Will the front come down at all?

I'm sure it could if I wanted it to. I actually want the back to sit a little lower to tuck the wheels inside. They want me to put whatever speakers/amps/batteries in the trunk first. Then if the rear squat still isnt low enough they will make the adjustments. So once I get the rear where I want it, then the front will be adjusted. But the overall stance I'm looking for has the rear sitting lower than the front. Sort of like the "Cali Lean" on trucks.

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
Had it out for a while yesterday, just stayed local at speeds under 45mph so I didnt get any rubbing. Had a Cook County Sheriff pull me over in Elk Grove. Spanish dude about my age maybe a little younger. He pulled me over just to check out the car, told me his 1st car was a 82 Regal and he is trying to find a clean roller to build.

Jamesv82

Addict
TCG Premium
Mar 9, 2017
Had it out for a while yesterday, just stayed local at speeds under 45mph so I didnt get any rubbing. Had a Cook County Sheriff pull me over in Elk Grove. Spanish dude about my age maybe a little younger. He pulled me over just to check out the car, told me his 1st car was a 82 Regal and he is trying to find a clean roller to build.

So I take it he didn't jump high enough

def looks sick with the cali lean

Bob Kazamakis

I’m the f-ing lizard king
TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2007
Denver
Real Name
JK
I'm sure it could if I wanted it to. I actually want the back to sit a little lower to tuck the wheels inside. They want me to put whatever speakers/amps/batteries in the trunk first. Then if the rear squat still isnt low enough they will make the adjustments. So once I get the rear where I want it, then the front will be adjusted. But the overall stance I'm looking for has the rear sitting lower than the front. Sort of like the "Cali Lean" on trucks.
Ah alright. Just wasn’t sure if that was the final look or not.

When it rubs at highway speed is it because it’s just bouncing up and down more? What shocks you running?

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
Ah alright. Just wasn’t sure if that was the final look or not.

When it rubs at highway speed is it because it’s just bouncing up and down more? What shocks you running?

Yes, I’m pretty confident it’s due to bouncing. Too be honest with you, I’m not sure what shocks are on it. Have to go take a look.

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
Just replaced passenger side power window motor. What a complete pain in the dick. They hide the 3 mounting screws behind the sheet metal. You have to cut the sheet metal with a dremmel to access them. Then had make the factory opening larger where you pull motor out. My Wife could barely get her tiny hand in the opening. I’d really like to know how a tech at the dealer would replace those back in the day.

Also wanted to tackle the rats nest of wiring under the dash. But ran out of time fucking with the god damn power window motor. There is an old Viper alarm, tach and temp gauge all tied in under dash and none of that shit works. Looks like other shit under there as well.

Thread Info