8.34 @ 165 mph twin engine last run this year

twinv6gtp

Turbo enthusiast
Jul 27, 2014
:eek3: How much was that chassis?
Its custom made hard to tell exactly. The bigger expense are in the turbos electronics transmissions and torque and aftermarket part for thr engine to support higher rpm and of course a stupid amount of hours.

Although you could simplify the project and run 8s with all stock motors and all stock trans no problem.

twinv6gtp

Turbo enthusiast
Jul 27, 2014
Spring time SOOOOOON!

Whats the next plans for this monster?
Not looking good for summer projects. I have way too many side projects going on that were suppose to be done last summer. Tbss stealth turbo 07 gt etc ..
had a new mechanic that got sick for 2 months with mono and quit on me right when I needed him the most. The other mechanic wants to start his own shop close to mine. I might hire another mechanic but I'm the tired of the trust building process and showing them everything you know for them to quit on you right when you need them most.

Real tired of employees...

So I'm in decision what I will do. Still busy as hell with sleds at the moment but without a trusted mechanic my creativity suffers from doing all the labor and I can only do so much on my own. Time is always the enemy.

I guess we'll see the in the coming months.

twinv6gtp

Turbo enthusiast
Jul 27, 2014
What killed the project is transmissions. And the fact I more than accomplished my goals... I wanted a 8 sec pass and got plenty of those...with very little into the motors and trans.
But now it's getting expensive and the stunt is over.

I had plans to build my 4t80e valavebody I had all the specs figured out. And upgrades to the clutch packs in the trans and deleting heavy stuff to prevent failures. But it just was time consuming and there are much easier way to go fast.

This car still has potential two stock motors stock 4t80e and stock 4t65hd in front will run high 8s all day...

But I wanted 7s and that's where it got more complicated. All the weight transfers to the rear and the 4t80e wasn't built for such huge spike loads. Rear engine must have been close to 850hp turned up at 30psi plus with that 6266 2nd gen turbo shifting at 7000rpm. When the track was sticky and hooked it broke. When it spun it lived.

So I never laid a solid pass at high power... That car was 7s all day on a good track. This year our track is phenomenal and its much easier to manage power. And surprisingly it would hold up better because I could delay power coming in no tire shake... No spinning past 330 feet.

twinv6gtp

Turbo enthusiast
Jul 27, 2014
Transmissions essentially killed the entire platform, people just can't afford to keep pulling them and having them rebuilt every year if they were built to the extreme and the car was "enjoyed".
Mine was every weekend. At over 24 psi...

Keeping boost low 20s it ran low to mid 8s fairly reliably but any more it was bound to break in 2 passes...

Last time I had a bad luck though things were going good to go 7s... I had run 8.35 and then I ramped up boost it hooked and it shifted well then everything shut off... electronic Shifter... Defaulted to 1st on both trans... Boom.

That was the last straw for me.

10sec

I haz dat teddy bear smile.
TCG Premium
Jul 26, 2008
Yeah man. We all wished you stuck to it cause you were doing some really entertaining things, but we understand. There's a few left with some crazy things going on that we're all watching closely. Glad you gave it what you did, you surely went a lot farther than 99% of the others would go.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info