7th Gen Camaro Cancelled

Sprayin

Public Enemy #1
TCG Premium
Oct 8, 2008
Grand Rapids, MI
Wat. Sorry if it offends you, but there's literally not a single redeeming quality about the 05-10 mustangs. Power, handling, appearance, transmission, all were a step backward from the previous generation of muscle cars.

Wut. The 3v was a huge step in the right direction from the 2v. One of the issues is that there was no Shelby until 2007, which was a HUGE step in the right direction from the underpowered Terminator. The manual transmission was the same transmission as the previous generation, and it arguably better than the following generations MT-82.

The only subjective part of your whole post is the appearance. IMO, the 05-10 is the best looking Mustang to date and you can FIGHT ME over that one :rofl:

Kensington

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 14, 2017
Wat. Sorry if it offends you, but there's literally not a single redeeming quality about the 05-10 mustangs. Power, handling, appearance, transmission, all were a step backward from the previous generation of muscle cars.

The 05-10 Mustang's were a huge leap forward in handling...they outhandled even the IRS Mustang's. Their appearance rebooted the wave of retro design for the muscle/pony cars, and was a huge boon for them. Agreed the power was really meh, and the transmission were also pretty meh. But the overall package was really good, far better than the SN-95, by a wide margin.

FirstWorldProblems

TCG Elite Member
Staff member
TCG Premium
Sep 6, 2006
Crown point, IN
It was single handedly responsible for the "retro" style Muscle cars and the horsepower wars coming back. That is a certified fact and it's not even arguable.

It had less horsepower than the Camaro that had been dead for 3 years. How on earth can you say it spurred the horsepower wars

The challenger and Camaro spurred HP wars starting in 2010. Without them ford would probably still churning out 300hp v8 mustangs

Sprayin

Public Enemy #1
TCG Premium
Oct 8, 2008
Grand Rapids, MI
It had less horsepower than the Camaro that had been dead for 3 years. How on earth can you say it spurred the horsepower wars

The challenger and Camaro spurred HP wars starting in 2010. Without them ford would probably still churning out 300hp mustangs

The Challenger and Camaro would still be dead if it wasn't for the 05-10 Mustang.

FirstWorldProblems

TCG Elite Member
Staff member
TCG Premium
Sep 6, 2006
Crown point, IN
The Challenger and Camaro would still be dead if it wasn't for the 05-10 Mustang.

This is an illogical statement, I really think you're not looking far back enough to understand the causality

90's to early 2000's: Mustang and camaro are battling for top spot. This competition gives us the 4th gen with 340hp and a 6 speed and the mighty 390hp, 6 speed '03 cobra

2002: Camaro goes away. Ford is redesigning the mustang and has no competition from GM or Dodge. As such, this car is underpowered with a crappy 5 speed trans. Maybe it had negligible improvements in handling...it was a slow turd regardless so I don't care to look up data on this. It did bring back retro musclecar styling

2005ish. Dodge and GM look to get back in to the muscle car market. This isn't a new thing, muscle cars have been around for over 40 years, and I don't think that you should credit the s197 for this just because it existed. Americans love muscle cars, always have, THAT'S why the camaro and challenger exist.

2010. Camaro is back, challenger is back, now that there's competition Ford finally has to build a mustang worth driving. Now the '11 5.0 comes out with a ~30% increase in HP over the 2005-10 cars.

CMNTMXR57

GM, Holden & Chrysler Mini-Van nut swinger
TCG Premium
Sep 12, 2008
Elgin
I mean, the Coyote wasn't just a bit of extra power, the engine itself transformed the car. Shit, the 3V's were getting rolled by the '11 V6 cars, and the 5.0 was not only a branding stroke of genius, but it was a great motor in its own right

Despite the crap I give to the owners, this I can agree with.

GLADIATOR

aka STROKE-KING
TCG Premium
Mar 29, 2004
New Lenox IL
Finally ran out of LS engines...

giphy.gif

Sprayin

Public Enemy #1
TCG Premium
Oct 8, 2008
Grand Rapids, MI
Quit being butt-hurt about us chapping your ass in the student loan thread and then in this one.

You are completely incapable of chapping my ass. I argue with people for fun. I actually enjoy this.

This is an illogical statement, I really think you're not looking far back enough to understand the causality

90's to early 2000's: Mustang and camaro are battling for top spot. This competition gives us the 4th gen with 340hp and a 6 speed and the mighty 390hp, 6 speed '03 cobra

2002: Camaro goes away. Ford is redesigning the mustang and has no competition from GM or Dodge. As such, this car is underpowered with a crappy 5 speed trans. Maybe it had negligible improvements in handling...it was a slow turd regardless so I don't care to look up data on this. It did bring back retro musclecar styling

2005ish. Dodge and GM look to get back in to the muscle car market. This isn't a new thing, muscle cars have been around for over 40 years, and I don't think that you should credit the s197 for this just because it existed. Americans love muscle cars, always have, THAT'S why the camaro and challenger exist.

2010. Camaro is back, challenger is back, now that there's competition Ford finally has to build a mustang worth driving. Now the '11 5.0 comes out with a ~30% increase in HP over the 2005-10 cars.

You are comparing the Cobra (mustang performance model) with the GT Mustang. Compare apples to apples. 3v > 2v. Same 5-speed transmission. I get that the Coyote gets compared to the Cobra, because that's how good the Coyote is, but it's ridiculous to compare the GT to the Cobra just a year later.

Before the retro fad was a thing, Dodges performance car was a Neon. Stop it. The Charger disappeared in 1987 and made 150hp. The Challenger disappeared in 1983 and made 105hp. Yeah Dodge was a real player. Been making muscle cars for 40 years.

The S197 made a natural progression on just about everything over the 2v. You can't expect every technological jump to be as ridiculous as the Coyote.

Sprayin

Public Enemy #1
TCG Premium
Oct 8, 2008
Grand Rapids, MI
You could argue that the Coyote was developed in response to the LS powerplant, I'm sure. But saying it only exists because the Camaro was coming back out is retarded. The Camaro was just using the same bullshit engine that had been around for 15 years, so there was really nothing "new" to have to compete against.

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn
Not even close. Have you ever sat in a 6th gen?

Ewwww God no.

haha I was commenting more on the trunk space and opening limitations more than anything. But even so, the Camaro interior can't be that much smaller. I get the point on the view from inside the Camaro being limited. That short windows I am sure kill visibility.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info