🔧 BUILD 78 cutlass

Bpickell

Oct 26, 2020
I've been working on this car for a while now. It's had a frame off with new floors, tubbed, and back halfed. I retained the factory triangulated 4 link in doing so. It can now fit a 29x15 tire. The frame was boxed and braced, blasted and powdercoated, and all new poly bushing installed.

I used a gen 3 5.3 lm7 which I freshened up with new gaskets and seals, but the bottom end is untouched. I installed an elgin 1840p cam, pac 1218 springs, and hardened pushrods- that's it. I made my own solid mounts and many other brackets etc. I got a 4wd 4l80e from a 97 humvee and had my father in law help me convert it to 2wd and rebuild and upgrade it with an hd2 kit and other goodies. Then i bought a circle d single billet converter with a 3200 stall. I made my own crossmember, and bolted it all in.

The hotside is a cheap ebay t4 log that i reworked, 2" stainless mandrel crossover that i built from scratch, connecting to a factory driver's side truck manifold that i modified with a v band. The turbo is a vs racing gen 2 78/75 1.25 ar variant. Behind that i reduced the v band outlet to 3.5" that i ran out in stainless mandrels.

I used the holley terminator x max ecu. For now I'm just running the 3.5 touchscreen. I've got the sloppy flex/alt harness and have a flex sensor hooked up. There is a 4 port mac valve on the firewall for boost control.

My fuel system consists of a single in tank walbro 450 with a hanger i built to fit into an eBay cell plumbed into all stainless braided ptfe lines from eBay. 8an feed and 6an return. Napa gold filter, pqy regulator, gm flex sensor in return, returned off of regular. I have yet to buy injectors, but it will be getting sep 1000's.

Other odds n ends are the 19x31 ebay radiator for ls engines, dodge caliber fans. The trans is cooled by a 40k external cooler with 6an braided lines.

The car currently runs, but has a lot left to do. The next step is the rear diff. I'm getting a quick performance 9" narrowed 8". With that, a driveshaft, and some brake lines, I'll finally be able to drive it after being down for 6 years.

20201002_232957.jpg

20200905_175543.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info