75 hard....Anyone doing it?

Blownbyyou

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Mar 27, 2008
Yup. Same. I'm at a pathetic point in life where it's going to take a major change (health scare or relationship issue) for me to even think about dieting or working out.

FOH
Ill be honest... if you get that scare it might be too late... I dont want to be doom and gloom just being honest..

Another thing that helped me a while ago (and it didn't make sense until AFTER i was healthy) is the saying nothing taste as good as fit feels, as Gamble has alluded too once you start that routine and start seeing the results you wont care about that piece of cake, or you wont crave MCD. You'll focus on being healthier and happier.

I am a dad of three and ill admit I let myself go little bit (my kids are 7,3,1) because of boredom with prgnant wife/no sleep/stuck at home with naps etc, but now that my wife is full in to healthiness so am I. We each find atleast 30-45 minutes a day to run/lift/bike etc. You need that mental sanity to make yourself feel better.

Gamble

TCG Elite Member
May 23, 2015
Ill be honest... if you get that scare it might be too late... I dont want to be doom and gloom just being honest..

Another thing that helped me a while ago (and it didn't make sense until AFTER i was healthy) is the saying nothing taste as good as fit feels, as Gamble has alluded too once you start that routine and start seeing the results you wont care about that piece of cake, or you wont crave MCD. You'll focus on being healthier and happier.

I am a dad of three and ill admit I let myself go little bit (my kids are 7,3,1) because of boredom with prgnant wife/no sleep/stuck at home with naps etc, but now that my wife is full in to healthiness so am I. We each find atleast 30-45 minutes a day to run/lift/bike etc. You need that mental sanity to make yourself feel better.
Yep driving right past MCD doesn't bother me. Or running through to get a quick burger for the kids. Its no big deal

ok day 41 update. Kids wanted snow cones yesterday. So I made them and had one myself. Ice and syrup. The syrup has 5g of sugar per 2 tablespoons and one of them is sugar free. So you bet your ass I had some

Today I had to change things up since the kids were home and I couldn't go to the gym. So I walked with the kids to a local restaurant for breakfast. Looked at my written rules and told myself bread for breakfast only but I didn't specify how many but trying to keep it at two pieces. So today got eggs, bacon, sausage, fruit and 2 pieces of french toast topped with strawberries. (no syrup) and it was an amazing treat even though it really wasn't a treat per say.

Yesterday had to break up my outdoor walk, so 15min here and 15min there, then dragged my curl bar outside in the back and finished 15min with that. You should see the amount of snacks the wife got for the kids for summer camp, it's insane and it all looks delicious. i'll try to post a pic but it is getting way easier to open that door, look and close it and go grab an apple, banana, meat stick, piece of cheese, pickle, yogurt, protein bar or whatever.

Water is still the hardest part I think. Like today it's 5:30 and i'm only 40oz in. Once you are in routine it's easy but when something breaks the routine it gets hard.

Reactions: Jimy Bilmo

Gamble

TCG Elite Member
May 23, 2015
This the urge Iā€™m fighting lol

E634C968-0089-42BC-8AD4-E27B01C93478.jpeg

C4FB98BD-8C35-47D2-B3C4-A7ED27191CA9.jpeg

1D7047C6-5C09-4ADF-B8E3-18B956661A30.jpeg

Gamble

TCG Elite Member
May 23, 2015
Day 47 was a bitch. I'm beyond pissed at myself

So I have to say if you are going to do this make the rules pretty damn clear with yourself. I didn't and it's been mind fucking me all day

usual day, work out, breakfast etc
Kids team was getting together today to celebrate the end of the season at an ice cream place. I had no plans on eating any. I went to get a cone for my niece and looked at the menu for something I could eat. Picked a soft pretzel as it fit all my rules. About 2 bites in i look at it and i'm like fuck it's technically bread. Although it's classified as a snack. Like I went out of my way to make the right decision and it was a wrong. I'm beyond pissed at myself. I did what I was supposed to do and skipped all the sugars and sweets. But now that I'm thinking back when I wrote my rules of only bread for breakfast I wrote it to avoid more of actual bread like burger, hot dog buns, bagels, pizza, sandwiches. You know my wife looked at me and asked what i got and told her and she didn't even say anything. So it really didn't click.

I've been beating myself up over it all day and it just depends on how many hairs you want to split. I'm going to chalk it up as a snack because that's what it is and keep on trucking along. Did I fail? maybe.....Did I do what I was supposed to and avoid the bad food...maybe.
After 75 days I'll likely continue going and see how far I get.

Gamble

TCG Elite Member
May 23, 2015
Probably gained a pound or two at this point, but it could be from being bloated. I'm starting finally to take more normal :poop:. The first month it was hardly ever and I think it was due to the low carbs so I been adding more carbs in but what I think are healthier ones. Few oranges, bananas, oatmeal and nutrigrain bars. Also found these breakfast biscuits that I have during the afternoon or nighttime snack and they are pretty damn good.

My coworker got a gym membership and wanted to work out at night so all week I started my walks in the morning and skipped the gym. Only to find out we never went to the gym at night so I did more walking. I have done roughly 12k-15k steps each day and both my calfs feel like I got shot with a BB gun. Went back to the gym this morning my shoulders got sore pretty quick. Probably a good thing because since starting my chest, shoulders, back haven't had a chance to recovery from the previous workout.
On the other side of things I feel like I look the damn same but I feel much better. I've very interested to see how my mod, body change when I this is over and I have a sugary snack or drink a can of coke.

Gamble

TCG Elite Member
May 23, 2015
Rough week.
Was helping the wife bring stuff inside and left my water bottle in the garage with maybe 5oz of water in it and remembered the next day = fail
Fathers day I was on call that week and got called in 3am so was running on a few hours of sleep all day and only got a 40min walk in during the day and too tired to do anything at night = double fail
Yesterday stomach wasn't feeling quite right but I made it to the gym anyway and had breakfast. hours later my stomach was screaming on and off. Got a bug or something. So didn't do anything else the rest of the day = fail
shitting my brains out and jumped on the scale and down 4lbs today = win!!! :LOL:

Today my stomach is 90% back to normal but my back is straight up killing me. Made it to work 5hrs before my shift started so I can at least get some hours in, incase I have to leave early if my stomach starts acting up. Will give my body a break for another day or so and get back to it

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info