7.3 Godzilla grows up, godzilla mega thread, godzilla performance development thread TRUCK ENGINE GOES BRRRRRRRRR

Bru

Staff member
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Ford’s new 7.3 gas engine in the F-250 isn’t an overhead cam engine, so it sounds like its compactness could be more easily swappable compared with DOHC engines. If fleets don’t cheap out and buy the optional engine (vs the standard 6.2) imagine down the road being able to yank one of these from a wrecked fleet truck. 430 hp, 475 torque, 445 cubic inches.

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn
I doub't you will see a lot of trucks with this motor and a Procharger. Sure some here and there.

They won't use these for engine swaps for a few for years. Until these are in the junkyards in large quantity and the cost comes down. When Ford offers a performance based crate engine with a plug-n-play ECU is when you will see these being used in swaps. Then you will see a lot more Procharger setups.

But 445 cubes and boost? Yes please! haha

Kensington

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 14, 2017
I doub't you will see a lot of trucks with this motor and a Procharger. Sure some here and there.

They won't use these for engine swaps for a few for years. Until these are in the junkyards in large quantity and the cost comes down. When Ford offers a performance based crate engine with a plug-n-play ECU is when you will see these being used in swaps. Then you will see a lot more Procharger setups.

But 445 cubes and boost? Yes please! haha

I think that's what Bru Bru was saying...

But yes, from the specs, this thing seems to be begging for a supercharger...relatively low compression, forged bottom end. I think it would make better use of a PD blower than a Procharger, but hey, boost is boost

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
I think once the 7.3 is proven reliable and the need arises for a big block vs diesel and the 6.2 won't cut it, it'll be the norm.

Never buy a first year motor. Let the guinea pigs find out first.

giphy.gif

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info