652whp Ecoboost Mustang...

Pewter-Camaro

TCG Elite Member
May 28, 2011
South of Wisconsin.
Yeah the HP wars are rolling hard in the Ecoboost Moostang world. Highest hp was 557whp which was set a while back with 109 octane race gas and a very basic aux injection system. Now the car from this thread. Stock turbo EB Mustang goes 11.67 @ 116 With that build thread Here has a new ultimate goal to run 9's or faster. First time on the Dyno with the E85 setup the car laid down 652hp 605tq at the wheels which is a new record.

Here is The new quest for 9's build thread.

Mods are...
Specs:
2015 Ecoboost A6 PP
TUNE+ Lifetime E-Tune
TUNE+ Auxiliary Fuel Tuning
TUNE+ Transmission Tuning
TUNE+ Dyno Tuning
TUNE+ Denso ITV22 Plugs
TUNE+ UPR Dual Valve Catch Can
TUNE+ Plug and Play 4Bar TMAP Sensor
TUNE+ Mega-Sauce E85 Fuel System
MAP Built Shortblock, Sleeved w/I-Beam Rods
MAP Stage 5 Ported Cylinder Head
MAP Ecoboost Mustang Valvetrain Upgrade Kit
MAP Cat Back Exhaust
MAP Custom Intake
CP-E Twin Scroll EFR Turbo Kit
CP-E Downpipe
Borg Warner 8374 EFR from Full-Race/Tune+
Viking Shocks from BMR w/Kelly's recommended setup
BMR CB005, TCA045, BK054, TR005, DSL017
DSS Carbon Fiber Drivers from Lethal Performance/Tune+
DSS 1400hp Axles
ATM Intercooler
Watson Racing 6-Point Cage
Dusold Designs Hex Grill
Race Star Dark Star 17x9.5 Rear
Race Star Dark Star 17x4.5 Front
MT ET Street R P305/45R17
MT Sportsman S/R - 28x6.00R17LT

Total Cost including the car... 44K. Is that worth it over a blown GT?? I'm not sure. The ability to turn down the boost and get stupid good mileage on a daily drive or let the GF drive it like a stock car is nice. Either way its moving ahead by leaps and bounds.

Grabber

Oh Hai
Dec 11, 2007
Wheeling, IL
Ford dealer out in OH is selling 727 HP GT's for 40K. Add another few grand for suspension and you've got a monster on your hands. Both a great cars, but, two different platforms of a mustang (N/A 5.0 vs a factory Turbo car) and each respond to mods differently.

Wouldn't mind a new ecoboost, but they do get very pricey and in stock form, I don't see them really beating 5.0's in terms of performance without being modded.

Ecoboost has the MPG advantage. If I want good MPG, I'll drive my wife's volt that gets over 40MPG very comfortably. Although, it is a plus to get good mileage.

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
60MvjCN.gif

RICH17

Dr. Pussy Slayer, MD
TCG Premium
Nov 14, 2008
The 007
Real Name
Adam Rich
That's the point he was making, it's not different, just like this high power 4 banger just doing it to be different

I get it. I just see it differently. When I modded the Lumina, I went to the 3800 instead of the 3100 because its better. I wouldn't toss a bunch of money at the 3100 to make the same power as the 3800 would. Just doesn't make sense. Same thing as the ecopoop Mustang. I get people throwing tunes, e85, and stuff like that at it. But to spend 10 grand on it to make it go just as fast as a lightly modded coyote just doesn't make sense to me. But that's me. I give them props for doing what they're doing tho

1quick

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 29, 2008
coal city
Having a 4 banger crank out that much horsepower is indeed impressive. I was hoping for a higher number with that build sheet though. I mean, all those tunes have to do something. I am sure they are not done with it. I feel like there are other turbo 4 bangers making more than that and they are older designs.

I'm sure they are limited by something at this point, the 4cylinder that always comes to mind when hi hp 4bangers is talked about is the evo motor, making huge power since way back in the day

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info