652whp Ecoboost Mustang...

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
I get it. I just see it differently. When I modded the Lumina, I went to the 3800 instead of the 3100 because its better. I wouldn't toss a bunch of money at the 3100 to make the same power as the 3800 would. Just doesn't make sense. Same thing as the ecopoop Mustang. I get people throwing tunes, e85, and stuff like that at it. But to spend 10 grand on it to make it go just as fast as a lightly modded coyote just doesn't make sense to me. But that's me. I give them props for doing what they're doing tho

you're not getting it though :rofl:

going to a miata would have been better.

:rofl:

1quick

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 29, 2008
coal city
I get it. I just see it differently. When I modded the Lumina, I went to the 3800 instead of the 3100 because its better. I wouldn't toss a bunch of money at the 3100 to make the same power as the 3800 would. Just doesn't make sense. Same thing as the ecopoop Mustang. I get people throwing tunes, e85, and stuff like that at it. But to spend 10 grand on it to make it go just as fast as a lightly modded coyote just doesn't make sense to me. But that's me. I give them props for doing what they're doing tho

Why even swap the lumina then why not just buy a Grand Prix it's already faster

Pewter-Camaro

TCG Elite Member
May 28, 2011
South of Wisconsin.
I am just not getting the appeal of these. That build list looks like it is a balls to the wall build that, most likely, will run the same times as a base supercharged Coyote. Also, why are the first 4 mods on that list a tune :rofl:

Tune+... it's the name of the company that sells the parts and does tuning. It's not all a tune... Lol but it does take some time to get shit right with the running on this car.

652hp was the first shakedown run on straight e85 and the turbo still has a lot left and the fuel system can handle plenty more as well. It will be interesting to see what it runs and the final numbers are.

This is a balls out build for sure and no way it will stack up against a similiar all out build of a coyote But still impressive especially considering it's only been 1.5 years since the release of the EcoBoost mustang.

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
TCG Premium
Sep 19, 2010
Rockford
Real Name
Bill
Tune+... it's the name of the company that sells the parts and does tuning. It's not all a tune... Lol but it does take some time to get shit right with the running on this car.

652hp was the first shakedown run on straight e85 and the turbo still has a lot left and the fuel system can handle plenty more as well. It will be interesting to see what it runs and the final numbers are.

This is a balls out build for sure and no way it will stack up against a similiar all out build of a coyote But still impressive especially considering it's only been 1.5 years since the release of the EcoBoost mustang.

Specially considering that the EB2.0 has been out since 2012 and the highest actual wheel dyno I've seen so far is somewhere in the 520whp region.

Then again, WTF do you do with a 520whp FWD car? :bowrofl:

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn
Update they just posted today...

Well, most of you know that I have been working on a E85 conversion kit for the Ecoboost Mustang for some time now, and some of you ask me almost every week when you can purchase it. I'm sorry to keep pushing it further back but in order to release something it needs to be proven and go through testing before I am satisfied.

From the basic to the extreme I have finalized all my testing and have chosen the optimal injectors and configuration for each style of customer. Stock turbo, Turbo Upgrade, Turbo Upgrade and Built motor. Each had impressive results, and each performed flawless in regards to the fuel system. Stock turbo cars will be limited by the stock turbo, and upgraded turbo cars will be limited by the stock block, and built motor cars will be limited by the factory head gasket unless built with 12mm head studs and a custom gasket which is up next for testing on the 663whp/605wtq car.

The testing is done, and the next step is to bring down manufacturing cost on the different variations that will be offered. Here are the different stages in kits, all based off my love for burritos.

Lite Sauce - Designed for stock turbo, stock block cars. Each car will require the following; Cobb Accessport, Intercooler, Downpipe and Catch Can in order to purchase and run this conversion kit.

Extra sauce -
Designed for upgraded turbo, stock block cars. Must be larger than a Vargas Stage 1 turbo upgrade. TUNE+ GTX2867R Kit, Full-Race EFR Kit, MAP 5558 Kit, and Vargas Stage 2 are all suitable turbo upgrades for this kit. You must have the turbo upgrade, intercooler, and catch can in order to purchase and run this conversion kit.

Mega sauce - Designed for upgraded turbo and built engine cars. Requires drilling and removing your passenger side level/saddle bag pickup housing. This hole will be were you run your return line as your car will be converted from returnless to return style fuel system. This kit is still in development, however if you are interested there is a prototype system available that can be assembled quickly, it just won't be the production kit.

Each kit will come with the following:

- Injection plate
- Fuel feed line adapter
- 4 x Injectors (Lite, Heavy, and Mega all use different injectors)
- Plug and Play Fuel Lines
- Fuel Controller

Optional equipment:

- Inline Fuel Filter
- Bluetooth Ethanol Content Sensor

If both optional equipment are chosen you will receive a 3D printed mounting plate to hold the filter and the ethanol content sensor to the intake manifold. Still in development but will be available in the future.

If you are a TUNE+ customer, or a Cobb Accessport customer (more than likely you are a TUNE+ customer at that point) you won't need to do anything with the Accessport if you want to switch back to pump gas. Simply map switch with your cruise control buttons to your pump gas slot, and turn the E85 injection system off. The controller will be wired to a switch to turn on and off when necessary. So you can drive out of state on E85, and if there is no E85 just switch off the kit and switch to your pump gas slot and off you go!

As mentioned above, the kit is now past the testing phase and now looking into reducing manufacturing cost. Final pricing will be posted soon, but currently the Lite Sauce kit will start out at $1,000 shipped without any options, pricing will drop if cost can be reduced significantly. Looking to drop the line and fitting quantity.

New pictures will be posted later this week once a few new pieces arrive. Going to be hand making one of the pieces and want to get it pressure tested before I move forward with final production pictures.

Here is the latest pull from the World Record run, the car made 48 pulls on the dyno this day, that last 20 were over 600whp. This is SB1Racing's vehicle and you can find his build thread below:

SB1Racing - Ecoboost Quest for the 9's w/TUNE+ & CP-E - 2015+ S550 Mustang Forum (GT, GT350, GT500, Mach 1, Ecoboost) - Mustang6G.com

13238860_10205814872761581_303862534606411333_n.jpg

The car below is a MAP 5558 / Stock block car, been at this power level for over 2 months on E85.

12873536_10153277786447000_885410678_o.jpg

I will have some dyno graphs from the stock turbo car I am tuning now, and is making 400whp as of last week with full bolt ons. The car is being put together for a customer in Kuwait, and will be shipping there soon once we finalize the tune/transmission.

Quick glimpse at the bluetooth ethanol content sensor hooked up and working on a Galaxy Note 4.

13221701_10205793217500213_6035672025274293472_n.jpg

Pewter-Camaro

TCG Elite Member
May 28, 2011
South of Wisconsin.
Specially considering that the EB2.0 has been out since 2012 and the highest actual wheel dyno I've seen so far is somewhere in the 520whp region.

Then again, WTF do you do with a 520whp FWD car? :bowrofl:

Having boat loads of space under the hood made it possible for big numbers soon after its release and the strange phenomenon of both import and domestic shops and mfgs getting on board with this car helped a lot.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info