6.2 ten-speed Sierra SLT. Unicorn located.

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
I'm impressed with the 26.7mpg on flat ground doing 67mph. Best I can get like that is maybe 21 or 22 with the AFM/DoD, but I have the smaller 5.3 (LY5) w/4psd and 3.73 gears. In order for me to see that kind of mileage on flat ground I'd have to be down around 45mph.

maybe i hit 10th gear which is like super mega overdrive?

not to mention the aero tweaks of the new trucks vs old

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
The 3.23's are okay since they have the extra gearing in the trans.

My dad has a 2011 with the same engine but with 6 spd and 3.08's and he has the same tow capacity as me and gets better mileage. He can hold 21-22mpg doing 70mph. I just have the first year of the DoD and it is not tuned very well. It could be much more effective. We attempted to make it work better (Komet Motorsports with Corey Clayton using HP Tuners) but it failed miserably. No one had any data or tunes where it worked better so it was all [poor] guesswork. Could get the AFM to enable for longer periods but the transition from V8-V4-V8 was really rough. Supposedly Corey took out his AFM changes and left my dyno tune in the ECM, but lately I've had my doubts about that. I think he flashed it back to stock and kept my money. Unfortunately I don't think there is any way to confirm what was done using someone else's HP Tuners. It really pisses me off too.

With Yaj Yak Yaj Yak having that nice torqey 6.2 with the 10spd means it's barely working. If you could measure load it'd probably show a picture of someone sitting there filing their nails out of sheer boredom.

• Haha
Reactions: taws697 and Yaj Yak

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
I totally intend to keep my truck as long as I can even though GM's poor design and road salt are making the body rot away. However mechanically its in excellent shpe. I just can't justify spending another chunk of money on an HP Tuner license key for the truck, the tuner time, and the dyno time just to redo it. Not when I have to get new windows for the house and really need the driveway ripped out and redone. Priorities.... Unless someone has a hookup that can save me some $$$ then I'd go for it.

Smokinhot

3-man rules!!!!
Jul 4, 2007
Lansing, IL
Real Name
IM me if you wanna know more ;)

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
So my truck recently updated and added Alexa...

So now I can hit my steering wheel button and do all Alexa commands "hey Alexa, will it rain today", "hey Alexa, give me directions to mccormick place", hey Alexa, play slipknot on spotify"

It's 100x better than the factory voice recognition software and all the added features are neat.

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
18500 miles as i pulled into stealership for 3rd oil change this morning, i left them a blackstone container so i can get the oil analysis done since i forgot last round.

if i can find 2k id love to do this. i dont really think id even get taller tires. i really don't want to go to an LT tire and im pretty sure the tires i have may be the tallest P rated tire available.

TrboGT

Aug 29, 2016
18500 miles as i pulled into stealership for 3rd oil change this morning, i left them a blackstone container so i can get the oil analysis done since i forgot last round.

if i can find 2k id love to do this. i dont really think id even get taller tires. i really don't want to go to an LT tire and im pretty sure the tires i have may be the tallest P rated tire available.

Yess! Buy it. I actually really like that kit. Bookmarked. Back and forth on just leveling the front, as I already have it from previous truck and it apparently fits this one too. I just have the 2" lower strut spacer. Current setup doesn't rub, but close as it can possibly be. And damn! 18.5k. I feel bad already being at 3500, lol.

Reactions: Yaj Yak

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
Yess! Buy it. I actually really like that kit. Bookmarked. Back and forth on just leveling the front, as I already have it from previous truck and it apparently fits this one too. I just have the 2" lower strut spacer. Current setup doesn't rub, but close as it can possibly be. And damn! 18.5k. I feel bad already being at 3500, lol.

well and it's crazy too cuz i had my bmw for a lot of that time too... and now have the #dadvan.

i do think im going to start an all things 2019+ silverado/sierra thread instead of just blabbing about them in here.

ive never had anything cognito but they have good reviews and appear to have quality products.

Gav'sPurpleZ

If you fail to plan, you're planning to fail
TCG Sponsor
TCG Premium
Mar 3, 2008
Pingree Grove IL
cognito was one of the few companies that made level and lift kits for the Frontier.
They are super nuts when it comes to being a distributor, the lift shop I detailed the truck for, they have to order a certain amount of product whether its for a job or "future" job
or else they dont keep the account.

So, they are pretty good. The black truck I detail for world of wheels is all cognito

Reactions: Yaj Yak

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
1600430274844.png

i mean, i like pushing the limits on oil changes, but 9k on my lil pride and joy pickemuptruck is tough to think about :rofl:

i think im going to just stick with the DIC and get blackstone done each time. F it.

Reactions: Gav'sPurpleZ

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
What did the DIC say at 7k?

~15% iirc.

i think it was around 15% when i had the first oil change i got where i went 5k miles. but a lot of those were hard towing miles out west... so im betting that's why it depleted quicker.

this was the third oil change, i missed sampling the second one.

Thread Info