6.2 ten-speed Sierra SLT. Unicorn located.

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
one of the things people bitch about with the tailgate- is that they're going to FORGET THEY HAVE THEIR HITCH IN AND OBLITERATE THEIR TAILGATEOHNO WHEN THEY FOLD THE STEP DOWN.

this 110% isn't going to fucking happen, and if it does, you're a fucking idiot, because you did it while FUCKING STANDING THERE.

better chance of auto-opening your tailgate- no matter the brand- onto a trailer jack of a connected trailer and fucking it up that way.

Reactions: Eagle

BeerOrGasoline

Me & Dead Owls Don't Give a Hoot.
Mar 15, 2009
New Lenox, IL
one of the things people bitch about with the tailgate- is that they're going to FORGET THEY HAVE THEIR HITCH IN AND OBLITERATE THEIR TAILGATEOHNO WHEN THEY FOLD THE STEP DOWN.

this 110% isn't going to fucking happen, and if it does, you're a fucking idiot, because you did it while FUCKING STANDING THERE.

better chance of auto-opening your tailgate- no matter the brand- onto a trailer jack of a connected trailer and fucking it up that way.

I am a fucking idiot.

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
I thought these were button push to open? Playing at the auto show you can hit both buttons and the whole thing unfolds itself. I FOR SURE, would hit both buttons and watch my retardeness unfold.

top button is the "mini" tailgate, the lower button is the whole thing, you'd have to seriously stand there, push the top button, and THEN push the lower button (which is now UNDER THE FUCKING TAILGATE YOU JUST FOLDED DOWN)

:rofl:

orrrr hit the lower button while HOLDING THE TAILGATE to hit the top button so they both fold

i genuinely cannot imagine how someone could do this into their hitch.

this reminds me of the informercials where people spill cereal all over because they are too mouth-breather to handle a cereal box.

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
i've had this two weeks now

it now has ~3300 miles on it.

we went to wyoming for vacation with a tandem axle 18' enclosed trailer and our sxs in it.

since friday, the 6th, every mile i added to it (2900?) was with a trailer.

towed through 8-10% grades, set the cruise at 80 mph for most (if not all?) of south dakota, saw almost 100* temps outside, ~10k ft elevations, and yeah, the thing just took anything thrown at it. trans temps never exceed ~160 or so.

im 90% sure you could set the cruise control at 100 mph with the trailer and mow down mountains. it has such stupid power and coupled with the 10 speed- the ability to hit 5k+ rpm on nearly any downshift, the thing's a rocket ship that never runs out of power. my sxs felt a lot slower 5500ft-10k... the truck felt just a touch slower/less power.

the truck's gradient braking is RIDICULOUSLY awesome, it's seemless, it doesn't over rev the truck, brakes don't heat up crazy, and keeps truck basically putzing down these gnarly ass mountains without much input. was really amazed by that.

i had one hiccup leaving town friday- the infotainment system- for lack of a better word- "froze"- wouldn't change radio stations or audio inputs. a few minutes in i pulled over and found out i could cancel/close apps and then i was good to go.

best tank mpg i saw was 13.5 yesterday driving through the wisco hills. worst i saw was saturday morning, in south dakota, i had a tank that got 7.9. i was going into about a 25-30 mph headwind, in the rain, and running 80mph. overall for the trip was 11.0 mpg- again. every single mile with a trailer behind it. mostly an 18' tandem enclosed, some trips with a 14' single axle open utility trailer. (way easier to load the sxs on here than in the enclosed for the short trips we took)

the thing is currently absolutely filthy. im excited to get the trailer off of it, and get into really cleaning it inside and out.

really anxious to see if removing the running boards, and running all these gravel roads at 30-40 mph was a bad idea and if i chipped my rockers or not.

9666 ft

Ar6PGsUh.jpg

D9EbcEgh.jpg

OFRDebah.jpg

t7v8sDCh.jpg

RpsPeQoh.jpg

9f48kDph.jpg

Y8iTXsZh.jpg

dirrrtay

V12MA8qh.jpg

9vwmCcBh.jpg

7lbW8EMh.jpg