6.2 ten-speed Sierra SLT. Unicorn located.

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
Got the oem light up emblem. I love it. All plug and play and more subtle than the pics show.

1110201058_HDR~2.jpg

1111200521_HDR~2.jpg

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
i know these aren't mods at all in any sense of the word but fuck im not sure where i want to go with this truck, i fucking love it........ but occasionally want to sell it.

id like to lift it but id want to not go nuts because it drives/rides so good and any bigger of tires is going to add a lot of weight.

im not going to drop 2k at this point on credits alone to get it tuned/tune it especially when the trans isn't cracked even.

the factory GM lift says it won't work on my truck with the max tow package... im assuming my rear springs are different?

occasionally i think painted front and rear bumpers would change the look in a favorable direction but that seems like a lot of money and effort.

sometimes i think i want to go down the smug smug route of baller MINTY stereo route and use factory head unit but upgrade everything else seamlessly.

who knows. things so awesome but i can't leave well enough alone.

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
CONGNITO LIFT

and the emblem is pretty sweet.
i have $100 or so gm rewards bucks from buying the truck. I've been looking to see what is cheap to use the $$
the tailgate LEDs are $150 but are they worth the hassle ? idk

i like the cognito stuff but i need to make sure it works on my truck? i dunno. and then it's like what tire size to go with to not have 64lb tires.

i have those led's in a box somewhere too that i need to get time to install.

TrboGT

Aug 29, 2016
The add on kicker sub/amp that goes under the drivers side back seat is "decent". Nothing outrageous, but is getting me by for the time being especially for cost and ease of install.

As for visual stuff. I recently added the color matched mirror caps in an effort to remove some chrome. Definitely want to have the bumpers painted along with the fog light surround.

That illuminated emblem is awesome! I need to do that. Thanks for sharing that.

Reactions: Yaj Yak

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
The add on kicker sub/amp that goes under the drivers side back seat is "decent". Nothing outrageous, but is getting me by for the time being especially for cost and ease of install.

As for visual stuff. I recently added the color matched mirror caps in an effort to remove some chrome. Definitely want to have the bumpers painted along with the fog light surround.

That illuminated emblem is awesome! I need to do that. Thanks for sharing that.

it's all plug and play right? around $700?
i have the part number as a saved ebay search hoping i can snipe one for less. i have the GM accessories rear underseat storage container- the bigger one that would have to leave if i got the subwoofer but now that i have a babyseat back there i can't open up that part anyways.

if my truck wasn't blue i think id go down the "ditch more chrome" path. to me though dark blue & chrome works pretty well.

you can see in my one pic im missing a mirror cap due to an unfortunate garage incident :rolleyes: i contemplated getting painted ones but with that big belt molding strip right there that's also chrome, along with the window outline, fender vents and door handles i said fuck it and ordered chrome again.

and yeah the emblem is sweet. taking off the old one felt weird cuz you just basically grip it and rip it according to the directions :rofl:

• Haha
Reactions: boostedguy05

smug

Please go back to eating crayons
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2007
Cedar Lake, IN
Real Name
Dan Erickson
I feel like once you start changing everything to body color you can’t stop. It’s like an all or nothing deal. I do love the look of body colored bumpers and black accents instead of chrome.
You have to check the ohm rating of your factory speakers. GM Bose stuff is usually 1 ohm or something silly low. If you throw a 4 ohm speaker in there then you will sacrifice a lot of output. These new cars and trucks get really complex to mess with the stereo now.

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
I feel like once you start changing everything to body color you can’t stop. It’s like an all or nothing deal. I do love the look of body colored bumpers and black accents instead of chrome.
You have to check the ohm rating of your factory speakers. GM Bose stuff is usually 1 ohm or something silly low. If you throw a 4 ohm speaker in there then you will sacrifice a lot of output. These new cars and trucks get really complex to mess with the stereo now.

agreed just sooooo much chrome... with the blue, i kinda dig it. ive embraced it.

1605121717315.png

i dont know that id do the fog light housings as on elevations they kinda look lost?

1605120632826.png

with the at4's i dig how little chrome they have

1605120702404.png

then i dont like the denali grille much at all but i like how the chrome fog light surrounds accent the chrome grill surround and that the painted bumper blends more smoothly.

1605120736226.png

i didnt think of that with the speakers, definitely somethign to keep in mind.

Thread Info