6.2 ten-speed Sierra SLT. Unicorn located.

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
saw this on a forum, not sure if it's 100% or not but seems solid.

• Posted April 4, 2019 (edited)
    If your truck has 20 or 22 inch wheels, the spare is a 17x8" steel wheel, tire is a 255/80R17, 115S load/speed index. 255/80R17 is a 33" tire, which is the same diameter as the 275/60R20 and 275/50R22 on the factory wheels.

If your truck has 18"wheels, and LT275/65R18C Duratracs, the spare is a non matching 265/70R17, 115S load/speed index, on the same 17X8" steel wheel. This tire is a higher load rating than the C load Duratracs that they use (110S), and a smaller diameter (31.7") than the Duratrac (32.1").

All the spares for 1500 trucks use a 17X8" wheel. Some steel, some aluminum.

Reactions: Smokinhot

Smokinhot

3-man rules!!!!
Jul 4, 2007
Lansing, IL
Real Name
IM me if you wanna know more ;)
the spare wheel on my 16 is a 17" rim.
Do you want a tire size ?

not sure if the 19/20s are equipped differently
Well, the 19/20's have larger front brakes than the 14-18s. Practically straight bolt on 4-piston brakes.
saw this on a forum, not sure if it's 100% or not but seems solid.

• Posted April 4, 2019 (edited)
    If your truck has 20 or 22 inch wheels, the spare is a 17x8" steel wheel, tire is a 255/80R17, 115S load/speed index. 255/80R17 is a 33" tire, which is the same diameter as the 275/60R20 and 275/50R22 on the factory wheels.

If your truck has 18"wheels, and LT275/65R18C Duratracs, the spare is a non matching 265/70R17, 115S load/speed index, on the same 17X8" steel wheel. This tire is a higher load rating than the C load Duratracs that they use (110S), and a smaller diameter (31.7") than the Duratrac (32.1").

All the spares for 1500 trucks use a 17X8" wheel. Some steel, some aluminum.

Thanks man, good enough for me [emoji106]

Reactions: Bob Kazamakis

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
First run since new intake and "calibration"

it's invalid because of the - 2.6% slope.

And the DA was straight up hero run as it has been lately...

But I trapped 2+ mph higher than I have against the other runs.

2.3 60 ft leaves a LOT of room for improvement. Truck spun hard.

Screenshot_20200120-073017.png

Bob Kazamakis

I’m the f-ing lizard king
TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2007
Denver
Real Name
Joel
got my truck back yesterday morning, haven't been able to do any dragy runs, no real seat of the pants difference that i can tell just yet.

my exhaust is so loud that it's not like i can hear sweet intake chugging air noises either.
Stock exhaust right? Gm lets the noises fly on trucks and suvs.

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
I can assure you that I have not seen a single Silverado with the hardware for adaptive cruise so it’s not gonna ever be a software update. The more exciting thing is that the redesigned Tahoe/suburban/Escalade are supposed to get supercruise

we talked about this a long while ago briefly, but what hardware would you be looking for for adaptive cruise?

just out of curiosity.

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
also, anyone wants to be #TWINNING with me, lynch has a buncha these things as 2020s

5 slt's, 4 at4's. the at4's with the tow mirrors look really sweet.

a few of the SLTs are max trailer package also. the gray one is the color i originally wanted and really like.

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
whens the last time i mentioned i HATE vehicle specific forums... im just glancing at the adaptive cruise bullshit again because some of those lynch trucks have it, and i remember reading somewhere "you need a different steering wheel" my truck has the same steering wheel.. but whatever.

but this shit...

"adaptive cruise sucks, blindspot monitoring is bullshit" who the fuck let the boomers onto the interwebs.

wtf

The adaptive cruise control was the WORST feature in the car I rented in Germany, and could NOT turn the damn thing off!

There's no speed limit so I would travel at 80 to 90 mph, trucks cannot go above 60 mph so I would have to watch the left lane for a gap so I could jump in and pass the truck. Sometimes, the cruise control would act up and slam the brakes whenever I got too close to the truck in front of me, but the car would not know I already intended to move to the left lane. And then with it going slower, I'd mess up the traffic rhythm on the left lane and watch all the angry glares while moving back to the right lane, still behind the truck.

I do NOT want it and will NOT consider a car with that bullshit!

Hate the adaptive cruise control myself. We have had it quite a while in the wife’s QX80 Infiniti. You are able to turn it off and just use it as regular cruise control if you like, which I do.

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
so fucking bad.

unrelated sidenote. some ford bro's figured out how to add it to their f150s :rofl:

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
we talked about this a long while ago briefly, but what hardware would you be looking for for adaptive cruise?

just out of curiosity.

i just don't get this because my truck already brakes for itself, it has a display that shows how close i am to the vehicle in front of me, which i can adjust for different levels and if im following someone. :rofl:

Stink Star

Don’t Drive Angry!
TCG Premium
Jan 20, 2008
Big wood cock

just out of curiosity.

for sure you’d need a forward radar module and a different steering wheel with the proper controls. also I think you’d need the package with forward cameras (but not sure why that’s be necessary)
That part is probably not too bad. The real issue would be all the software you’d need. For sure EBCM and BCM, probably PCM and IPC as well.

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
for sure you’d need a forward radar module and a different steering wheel with the proper controls. also I think you’d need the package with forward cameras (but not sure why that’s be necessary)
That part is probably not too bad. The real issue would be all the software you’d need. For sure EBCM and BCM, probably PCM and IPC as well.

my steering wheel has the controls.

how does the forward radar module work? as i said elsewhere, my truck has front parking sensors & it brakes itself.

Dave M

TCG Elite Member
Aug 28, 2015
Gurnee
Real Name
Morefield
Adaptive cruise does kinda suck... I've rented several cars that had it while I was traveling for work, and I have it in my MDX and they all do the same shit. About the "closest" you can get to the car in front of you is about 3-4 car lengths, and inevitably that leaves a large enough gap that schmo's will keep getting in front of you and the car will heavily apply the brakes to maintain the 3-4 car length gap, wash, rinse, repeat, until you just turn the fucking thing off. Maybe it's gotten better in the year of our lord 2020, but I recently rented a 2019 Volvo S60 t6, and it did the same thing with the adaptive cruise.

Stink Star

Don’t Drive Angry!
TCG Premium
Jan 20, 2008
Big wood cock
my steering wheel has the controls.

how does the forward radar module work? as i said elsewhere, my truck has front parking sensors & it brakes itself.
Why would your steering wheel have the controls for adaptive cruise?
but the forward radar isn’t the same as the sonar parking sensors, it’s an actual radar unit for long range distance sensing. They can also bounce under the car in front of you to see 2 cars in front of you. They are usually mounted behind the grille and a smooth piece of plastic that the radar can “see through”.

Stink Star

Don’t Drive Angry!
TCG Premium
Jan 20, 2008
Big wood cock
Adaptive cruise does kinda suck... I've rented several cars that had it while I was traveling for work, and I have it in my MDX and they all do the same shit. About the "closest" you can get to the car in front of you is about 3-4 car lengths, and inevitably that leaves a large enough gap that schmo's will keep getting in front of you and the car will heavily apply the brakes to maintain the 3-4 car length gap, wash, rinse, repeat, until you just turn the fucking thing off. Maybe it's gotten better in the year of our lord 2020, but I recently rented a 2019 Volvo S60 t6, and it did the same thing with the adaptive cruise.

every car with adaptive cruise that I’ve used and owned can get uncomfortably close to the car in front of you. You realize there’s a distance button where you can adjust the gap to the car in front of you right? not only that, but even if a car does manage to cut you off, my Honda and cadillac are smart enough to realize if the car is close but the gap is widening, it won’t slam on the brakes or slow down at all. Only if the car is maintaining the same pace or less than you. Also both my cars can drive all the way to a stop and sit at a light and then just tap the accelerator to resume which is great because it’s basically “no pedal” driving. Simply put, adaptive cruise is absolutely incredible for highway driving. Not so perfect for city driving, but that isn’t what any type of cruise control is meant for anyway.

Reactions: crooks and Yaj Yak

Thread Info